It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board

• What makes us look older?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #31
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
    Re: What makes us look older?

Good point!~
    it not all about the face...A droopy rear, saggy knees, crocodile feet, ect. All of those things can make you look older in a heartbeat.
    WE live on a golf course, and hubs plays every day, but I dont. However I see tons of women who look scary from years of sun damage living in the sunny states all of the time.
    Yeah, its funny how men can look good with wrinkes huh?
    xoxoxoxo
    IZZY'SMOM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #32
    opple
    Inactive
    (female)

opple HB Useropple HB User
    Re: What makes us look older?

I never heard that about poor Liberace eyes. I am already sad whenever I think of him dying of AIDS.

Dull hair will do it every time. And I don't think lighter necessarily looks better on a woman as she ages. It can look washed out. I am fifty and my hair is black but it makes my skin look creamy. But when it starts to look harsh, brown I go.

I think some men's toupees can just look terrible, too. I recently saw a 50's and 60's music collection infomercial hosted by Bobby Rydell and it looked like he had a full wig on that didn't move when the resta his head did--needed trimming in back too, as it was a little shaggy. But I think the fact that a man cares enough to donne a hairpiece is great. So many men don't do a blessed thing about their looks as they get older and yet will still sit in sharp judgment of women's looks.

The wrong eyeglasses can really age a person. Some folks should get a second or even third opinion on these before they buy. A smile and a fun, respectful sense of humor keep anyone more appealing at any age, I feel. Without those, you're pretty much old no matter what.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #33
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Unhappy Re: What makes us look older?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM
    Good point!~
    it not all about the face...A droopy rear, saggy knees, crocodile feet, ect. All of those things can make you look older in a heartbeat.
    WE live on a golf course, and hubs plays every day, but I dont. However I see tons of women who look scary from years of sun damage living in the sunny states all of the time.
    Yeah, its funny how men can look good with wrinkes huh?
    xoxoxoxo
    IZZY'SMOM
    Yeah, men w/crowsfeet and graying hair (esp if they're tan) look so handsome. We lived on a golf course 2 yrs ago and I think a wrinkled TAN prune of a woman , who's older, looks kind of cool. Sort of prosperous. Healthy. But an older woman who's less wrinkled and PALE? Not so sure which looks better. I want my first spray tan but they want you half naked (or naked) to do it, thus causing nausea with the employees if they are unfortunate enough to see my stomach and thighs. (Jello syndrome) GAG !!!

Closed Thread