It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board

How to stay young?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
lamberta
(female)

lamberta HB User
How to stay young?

Our skin is the first part of our body that can't deny our old age. I'm quite worried on what I will look when I reach my 60's. I see other people who are still looking great at their 60's and their skin looks young as when they were on their 30's. What are the secrets to maintain younger-looking skin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Kate639
(female)

Kate639 HB User
Re: How to stay young?

Well one thing you need to do is make sure you are on a healthy diet, as eating bad foods can make you age a bit faster. I also suggest to not wear makeup too much, makeup is damaging to the skin, so only wear it on special occasions. If you fear you will look old, there are wrinkle reducers out there, one that come to mind is STOP. I've used it quite a bit in the past and it works wonders for me.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:14 AM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Cleanse your skin every day. Use a moisturizer every morning and night...esp around your eyes. Also eye serums are great. Use a make up with a high SPF value. Sun is your enemy on the facial skin. I use ONLY non allergenic makeup on my face and eyes as it has no perfumes, etc. I also exfoliate at least once a week. Clinique makes a great one that is so easy on yvour skin that you can use it daily.

Always use lotion all over your body after you bathe. I've used Jergen's for years.

Hydrate! Drink lots of water and no caffeine!

And start today - even if you are only 20 years old. If you wait till you see wrinkles, it's too late.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

"I also suggest to not wear makeup too much, makeup is damaging to the skin, so only wear it on special occasions." This actually isnt true. Good makeup, has loads of antioxidents in it, has retinols to firm up skin, even has sunscreen in it. I think the response NOT to wear makeup is unfounded, but to wear GOOD makeup, the kind which is sold to have benefits. Youll find loads of good makeup in department stores or on Sephora.

I also agree hydrate more than ever- stay out of the sun and use sunscreen everywhere. You can have a great face, but OLD hands! Dont forget your neck and cleavage area as well. The skin is thinner here and ages faster.

Alcohol, drinking it- is bad for your skin. Smoking will age you faster- enviornmental factors like smog and pollution will also take its toll on your skin. Be aware of what you are doing to yourself, where you live and the air you breathe...

Exercise. Which keeps the blood flowing and heart pumping!

All of these things will keep you young.
Nikki

Old 07-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Excess calories from high-calorie processed foods speeds up the aging process. A diet that's high in animal protein is bad too because it displaces healthier foods such as dark leafy greens and other important non-starchy vegetables, fresh fruit, legumes, whole grains etc.

Dairy and meat tend to speed up one's metabolism and cell growth, which is the same as speeding up aging.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
Myleen
(female)

Myleen HB User

Protect your skin from the sun and use sunscreen. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol, clean your skin regularly and apply moisturizer and get enough quality sleep.

Closed Thread