It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board

tiredness and a sixty five year old

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #1
carol903
(female)

carol903 HB User
Talking tiredness and a sixty five year old

The slightest bit of housework makes me very tired.I have been retired for some time. Although I have arthritis in my knees neck and thumb and rheumatism in both my arms I like to keep active as much as possible.I am on iron tablets at the moment cause I am anaemic. I have been for a colonoscopy and endoscopy about two months ago everything is normal.
However the older I get the more tired I get. I also ride my bike have done for years

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: tiredness and a sixty five year old

When is the last time you had a physical or had your blood drawn? You may be in need of supplments of some sort- could be a vitamin B or D deficiency. You could also be overdoing the Iron, if your levels have come up, too much of a "good thing" might be overloading your system.
Exercise is recommended for people who need an energy boost. It appears you are using housework as your exercise. Start walking....even just around the block or the mall will help you to build up the ability to walk further. Also, how are your sleeping patterns? Are you getting enough sleep and is it quality sleep? If your sleeping isnt "in order" you can be more tired during the day.
You might consider starting with a good physical in 2015 and speaking to your doctor about whats going on....hope you feel better soon!
MSNIk

Old 12-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
berkeley3525
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User

I'm 74 and have energy. Each morning, I take one cap full of a liquid multi vitamin supplement. For anemics, beetroot juice is highly recommended. I don't like juicing so I take two capsules each morning of freeze dried beet juice (880mg). Both products are inexpensive so it's worth trying. You can purchase both products at your local health food store.

Last edited by berkeley3525; 12-23-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
Octogent
(male)

Octogent HB User

Have you had a recent blood test to check your Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) level? Your Thyroid gland not may not be producing enough hormone levels, which can cause Hypothyroidism. The classic symptom is feeling tired and gaining weight. This a common problem with aging. A Thyroid hormone pill taken daily usually will fix the problem. Check with your doctor.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
zee703
(female)

zee703 HB User

Another thought: sleep apnea. People who have sleep apnea issues wake up tired. Do you snore? If so, you might want to get this checked out.

Closed Thread