It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Swollen lips allergy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
    yueliangmei12
    (female)

yueliangmei12 HB User
    Post Swollen lips allergy

Hi everyone,

I am helping my friend, her whole lips are swollen and sometimes there's a yelowish liquid leaking. We don't know what's the cause yet, it doesn't look like cold sore. She already went to see a doctor but still no lead. Does anyone experienced the same thing? how did you cure it? she's been suffering for almost 3 weeks.

I have quite the same experienced, the difference is there's no liquid leaking, it's just swollen and itchy, but it lasted for 3 days to 1 week. Then it will be okay but I'll get a dark circle around my mouth for months.

I found out the reason for my allergy when I went to see a dermatologist and she refer me to a family doctor for another check-up because I had a throat infection and it needs to be treated first then the allergy, she asked me what meds I'm taking for my throat/cough then she found out that it was allergic reaction to some medicine, an underlying infection, meaning; I already have an infection (ex. flu, sore throat) then I took a particular medicine, it will trigger my allergy. The doctor just gave me a new meds that will cure my infection and won't trigger my allergy again. It made me crazy thinking for months what's causing my allergy because it just keep coming back. I was trying to avoid almost everything! but when the doctor told me about it, I can definitely recall those times when I had my allergy and that's after taking a med when I'm sick. One is from antibiotics, which I've been taking before then suddenly had an allergic reaction to it.

Now I am very careful with medicine that I am taking whenever I'm sick. I only take those meds that I've have been using for a long time and I know it won't trigger my allergy. If I'm not sure what med then I will go see a doctor, but most of all, I'm trying to avoid any meds as much as I can.

So please can anyone help me about my friend's case? any suggestion or any same experiences? anything that can help her? Than you all in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    allergic reaction, allergy to drugs, infection, swollen lips, underlying cause