It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Severe Allergies. Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2015, 06:55 AM   #1
    Lassiter802
    (male)

Lassiter802 HB User
    Severe Allergies. Help!

I am a 38 year old male. I have never really suffered from allergies unless the Polan was real high. But about 3 months ago I changed the hours that I work. For years I worked nights. I now work days. I get up at 4AM. Ever since it seems that I wake up and my chest is tight with a dry cough,I am wheezy, I can't cough anything up. My ears pop, and nose seems full but doesn't run, it feels like I have fluid in bottom of throat most of the day just setting there like it wants to come up. It's real bad until about 1pm them seems to clear a little bit not all the way. I also developed a swollen lymph node (I assume it's a node) on the left side of throat just under Jaw line. It's been swollen about the same amount of time. It throbs from time to time but not all the time. Most of the time it don't hurt. I noticed my neck is stiff and I just feel like crap. I went to Doc about the Swollem node and he gave me antibiotics but didn't help at all. He don't seem worried. But he is sending me to an ENT in a few weeks. I just started taking Allegra and Musinex yesterday per advice from pharmacist. My question is do you all think that allergies is what is causing my swollen node? And is it possible to have a bad sinus infection and not really know it? I've tried to get in with ENT sooner but gotta wait three weeks. Advice?

Last edited by Lassiter802; 06-21-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Severe Allergies. Help!

SOunds like a salivary gland problem. You might try drinking warm liquids (hot tea, etc) to help with that. And yes, the rest sound like allergies. Give the antihistamine about a week to start working well.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
    Lassiter802
    (male)

Lassiter802 HB User

I will say since I have been taking the Musinex and the Allegra my swollen node and ear (same side) burn real bad and throb more. I dunno feel like crap lol. Hopefully the ENT can get me in a little quicker than next month

Old 06-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Allegra never worked for me. Everyone is different. You might also try a nasal rinse like NeilMed. It will flush out a lot of the congestion.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
    BlueLemonade
    (female)

BlueLemonade HB User

Hi there,

I experienced similar symptoms as you are describing: stiff neck, lump in my throat, and my allergies that had gotten suddenly worse. My allergy medicines were controlling most of it, except for the congestion. I just had the worst congestion and headaches. And then I started feeling really sick in my throat and neck, like I had swollen lymph nodes, but none of the doctors could feel it. I even had this click when I swallowed, like something was in the way, but it didn't hurt, just felt really annoying.

It turns out that the feeling in my neck and throat was my thyroid. And I learned that a thyroid problem can cause congestion, as well as a myriad of other symptoms. My thyroid problem was caused by chronic low iodine, and too much fluoride from tea, which competes with iodine uptake. I quit tea, added an iodine supplement, plus selenium, zinc and iron (all needed to make thyroid hormones). And I'm so much better. Seems too easy, and it would have been if anyone had diagnosed me. But since all four of the doctors I was seeing didn't have a clue, it took me months to figure this out. I had so many tests: CT scan, chest Xray, nasal scopes, blood tests. None of them had any answers. I figured this out almost by accident.

Now I don't even need to take a decongestant or mucinex.

Hope this helps,
    BlueLemonade

Last edited by moderator2; 09-03-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
    BlueLemonade
    (female)

BlueLemonade HB User

Here is some more info about tea:

The only teas that have a fluoride problem are those made from the plant camellia sinensis, which include white, green and black tea. Other herbal teas like mint tea, chamomile tea, etc, are fine.

If you search this topic online, be warned that you will find conflicting information. Tea is a product, after all, and as with any product, there are people who are highly motivated to protect their product's reputation. Green tea, which is a younger version of the same exact plant (camellia sinensis) has a big reputation for being a health drink. While at the same time, it contains aluminum fluoride in unhealthy amounts. Organic tea is no different. Fluoride is naturally occurring in the soil and the plant just loves it some fluoride.

Most published studies about fluoride levels in tea traditionally have used a method of measuring fluoride that doesn't account for the amount that combines with aluminum to form insoluble aluminum fluoride, which is not detected by the fluoride electrode.

If you drink tea, it's important not to set the tea bags sit in the water for more than 3 minutes. The longer it soaks the more aluminum and fluoride will get into your tea. Tea grown in China and India have some of the highest levels, while tea grown in Japan has less.

BlueLemonade

Closed Thread