It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• I'm so over having hives

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
    punks
    (female)

punks HB User
    Red face I'm so over having hives

I'm going on a month now prednisone didn't do anything nothing is working and I can't find the trigger of them they constantly burn help! !!!

The following user gives a hug of support to punks:
    peebles (03-02-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
    ElleDi
    (female)

ElleDi HB User
    Re: I'm so over having hives

Are you sure it's hives?
    I had a rash that drove me insane, looked like little blistery flea bites, burned, itched relentlessly to the point where I wanted to cut my skin off.
    Wasn't hives, it was a reaction to wheat called dermatitis herpetiformis.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
    peebles
    (female)

peebles HB User

Hey. I just posted elsewhere that I am experiencing hives for the first time in my life that seem to come and go around my period.

I've trying changing my diet and increasing exercise/reduce stress but nothing has worked long-term - the hives still occur like crazy. I did, however, start a hives journal and for me, I was able to pinpoint mine mainly occur before my period. Probably a good 7 days before my ovulation due date.

I've found this can be caused by progesterone allergy and it's happening to us ladies more and more.

I hope this helps someone!

Old 03-02-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
    peebles
    (female)

peebles HB User

Hey there. I just posted elsewhere but wanted to share here as well. I am experiencing hives for the first time in my life that seem to come and go around my period.

I've trying changing my diet and increasing exercise/reduce stress and increasing water consumption but nothing has worked long-term as of yet - the hives still occur like clockwork!

I did, however, start a hives journal and for me, I was able to pinpoint mine mainly occur before and during my period. Probably a good 7 days before my ovulation due date. I've recently experience pressure hives as well - a single hive that occurs if any prolonged pressure is applied to my chin or lip area. So weird. Then it goes away in 6-7 hours.

I've found this can be caused by progesterone allergy and it's happening to us ladies more and more.

I hope this helps someone!

Old 03-28-2016, 10:11 AM   #5
    TeddyCan
    (female)

TeddyCan HB User

In my opinion, this is acute urticaria caused by some medications, food or infection. Have you started taking some new medicine or using new cosmetics? Some common foods that may cause hives are tomatoes, milk, nuts, fish, eggs, fresh berries and chocolates. You can try to eliminate them from your diet for the time being and see the result. However, a doctor is the best person to guide you properly.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #6
    Linda0818
    (female)

Linda0818 HB User

I'm over it too. Mentally, but not physically. For me it started as eczema on my legs. Then I got a bad breakout of dyshidrotic eczema on my hands, bad enough to send me running to the emergency room because the pain and itching was so intense. My hands were covered in tiny little blisters and even bigger blisters from the constant itching and rubbing. The doctor from the hospital put me on prednisone, which did the trick... temporarily. As soon as I stopped taking it, the very next day it came back, and with a vengeance. So my GP put me back on prednisone and I also went to see a dermatologist and he put me on betamethasone dipropionate cream, which cleared it back up again. Eczema taken care of.

But then hives broke out all over my body, about a week after I stopped the prednisone, by gradually reducing my dose (I didn't stop the prednisone cold turkey). My arms and legs, especially, look hideous from the hives and from the itching. So today I put myself back on the prednisone and within hours of taking it, the itching has calmed down some. I actually got some sleep today by taking a nap, since I haven't had much sleep at all for the past month or so because I'm digging myself half to death all night long.

This is enough to put me in a strait jacket if something doesn't happen soon to get this cleared up.

Reply Reply

Tags
    hives, skin allergies