It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

Allergies ... really?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
Maya57
(female)

Maya57 HB User
Allergies ... really?

For the last few months, when I wake up, I'm so nauseous. My jaw hurts, my nose is dry, and I feel a lump in my throat...like phlegm is stuck there. I have seen the END and GI. Both did a scope and everything looked normal, but my throat was a bit irritated. I had environmental allergy testing done. Turns out I'm allergic to most trees, grass, and weeds.

I was given a nasal spray and randitine. I was doing well for a few weeks, but it recently started up again. I'm going to call my allergist again about shots. I already use a saline rinse, nasal spray, and gargle with salt water.

I begin feeling better as the day goes on. I always thought allergies meant runny nose and sneezing. I barely need to blow my nose and when I do, it's only in the morning.

I guess I'm wondering if these are normal symptoms of allergies. If so, Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Allergies.... really?

Yes, that can be allergies. I would take a true antihistamine like zyrtec/cetirizine. The med you are on is a heartburn pill and is sometimes used for allergies. Not everyone responds well to the sprays. I don't at all.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
Maya57
(female)

Maya57 HB User

Thank you for your response.

I am in Arizona. The weather has been crazy here. Dust storms all weekend.

The way I'm feeling is making me depressed.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #4
danabarb
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya57 View Post
For the last few months, when I wake up, I'm so nauseous. My jaw hurts, my nose is dry, and I feel a lump in my throat...like phlegm is stuck there. I have seen the END and GI. Both did a scope and everything looked normal, but my throat was a bit irritated. I had environmental allergy testing done. Turns out I'm allergic to most trees, grass, and weeds.

I was given a nasal spray and randitine. I was doing well for a few weeks, but it recently started up again. I'm going to call my allergist again about shots. I already use a saline rinse, nasal spray, and gargle with salt water.

I begin feeling better as the day goes on. I always thought allergies meant runny nose and sneezing. I barely need to blow my nose and when I do, it's only in the morning.

I guess I'm wondering if these are normal symptoms of allergies. If so, Any suggestions?
I have HORRIBLE allergies and very rarely blow my nose, so to answer your question, yes, it could be allergies and dust can raise all sorts of trouble. The winds have been super strong where I live and when I go get my allergy injection, I have noticed that the doctor's office gets fuller and fuller. This year and last have been HORRIBLE and people who have not had allergies, are complaining about allergy symptoms.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
Maya57
(female)

Maya57 HB User

Yes! I have never had allergies until this year. Like I mentioned, I honestly thought all they were was a runny nose, sneezing, and dry eyes.

I couldn't even imagine they could be this bad.

Between the post nasal drip and nausea, I'm miserable. This has caused me to lose 40 pounds since the beginning of the year.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #6
danabarb
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I used to think the same thing, but have learned allergies can make a person MISERABLE. As to the reason for your weight loss, I have no idea. Allergies can wipe one emotionally because they go on and on and on. Hang in there-join the club.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #7
Maya57
(female)

Maya57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
I used to think the same thing, but have learned allergies can make a person MISERABLE. As to the reason for your weight loss, I have no idea. Allergies can wipe one emotionally because they go on and on and on. Hang in there-join the club.
No offense, but I don't want to be part of this club. LOL! It is actually nice knowing I'm not crazy, and I'm not the only one.

The nausea caused a loss of appetite which caused the weight loss.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #8
danabarb
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya57 View Post
No offense, but I don't want to be part of this club. LOL! It is actually nice knowing I'm not crazy, and I'm not the only one.

The nausea caused a loss of appetite which caused the weight loss.
You are not crazy; it is the blasted weather that is driving us nuts. My asthma has even kicked up and I was having a little trouble with it earlier tonight when at my son's house for dinner. My voice was going, so there must have been one little thing there that triggered it. I have VERY little trouble with asthma.

Reply Reply