It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

Another Possible Urticaria Thread ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
rachelr15
(female)

rachelr15 HB User
Possible Urticaria / Need Advice

Hi all,

I am new here and in search of some much needed answers. About 11 months ago out of no where, I started feeling a burning and itching sensation in the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. As time progressed, it got increasingly worse and extremely uncomfortable for me. there were NO rashes or signs of an allergy on my skin on my hands and feet, but it was definitely there. It has now spread throughout my limbs, mainly my arms, legs, back and neck. Over time, I started noticing "rashes" induced in random spots, that almost look like hives. My skin is slightly raised in patches on my body. Sometimes there is a rash and sometimes there isnt. I have noticed it is also induced by pressure, such as carrying a purse on my arm.

I have been to a general dr, a neurologist and allergist, none of which can offer a true explanation of why this has started happening and if there is any hope that this will disappear any time soon. This includes having blood tests done (TSH thyroid included), MRI scans on back, beck and brain. I have tried anti seizure meds, but Zyrtec (which contains the antihistamine Cetrizine) (5mg to 10mg) is the only thing that works for me. i HAVE to take the medication every single day or it will come back. It is not an evening or morning deal, its a 24/7 deal. stress does not induce this.

1. I want to know if anyone experienced this after experienced EXTREME levels of stress. This started happening after i was going through an extremely stressful time in my life, and often wonder if my body has gone into "fight or flight" mode. Have my nerves become over hyper stimulated because of all of the stress I endured for about 10 months prior to it starting?

2. I want to know if anyone has gained weight since taking the allergy meds (Zyrtec or CVS/Walgreens) liquid medicine. I have gained 5lbs since then and i CANNOT get it off. 5lbs may not seem like a lot, but i was already trying to lose weight. I am now working out 5 times a week and will hopefully see an update.

3. Lastly, have you found it has disappeared after a while? I am 26 years old and do not want to dependent on meds for the rest of my life for a cause that no highly training DR can explain to me why it is even happening or how to cure it.

Last edited by rachelr15; 08-16-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
danabarb
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Possible Urticaria / Need Advice

Have you gone to a dermatologist? I had that burning on one foot and was told it was athlete's foot, which I NEVER thought of. The dr. prescribed some ointment, which I have applied and it is slowly, and I mean slowly go away. Have you looked up the side effects of any drugs you are taking. I have HORRIBLE allergies, but found the drugs did more harm than good, especially with my stomach, so I tossed them. Nerves can raise all sorts of trouble with your body.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
danabarb
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I forgot to mention that I have had itching on my hands and ears as well, but I think this is all allergy related, so I just apply some Cortaid, which is over the counter, to my ears. This is a HORRIBLE allergy season!!!!!

Old 08-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #4
rachelr15
(female)

rachelr15 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
Have you gone to a dermatologist? I had that burning on one foot and was told it was athlete's foot, which I NEVER thought of. The dr. prescribed some ointment, which I have applied and it is slowly, and I mean slowly go away. Have you looked up the side effects of any drugs you are taking. I have HORRIBLE allergies, but found the drugs did more harm than good, especially with my stomach, so I tossed them. Nerves can raise all sorts of trouble with your body.

I havent thought of athletes foot... is it possible to spread throughout the entire body though?

Old 08-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
danabarb
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelr15 View Post
I havent thought of athletes foot... is it possible to spread throughout the entire body though?
I am no skin doctor, but my skin man told me it is HIGHLY contagious and after I apply the cream, he told me to wash my hands. I told him that I use Purell hand sanitizer and he said, "That is not good enough; you need to apply soap and water." I just finished scratching the dickens out of one thumb. No bumps can be seen; it just itched and now that I have scratched it, it looks red.

Reply Reply