It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

A flare up?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Maya57
(female)

Maya57 HB User
A flare up?

I recently started taking zrytec for allergies, and I was feeling better. I don't like being on medication for too long, so I stopped. Yesterday, I felt my symptoms start coming back, so I took a zrytec. All the sudden I began feeling very nauseous and dizzy. I threw up a few times and had pin and needles in my hands and feet. I felt like I was going fall over because my legs were so weak.

I ended up going to ER. They did blood work and everything came back normal. They gave me fluids and benadryl. I feel a bit better today. Still a bit shaky and now sad.

I don't know what to do. Seeing the doctor's seem pointless now. All tests come back fine. The only tests that I had reveal anything was allergy test. Could this really be causing such havoc on me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
danabarb
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: A flair up?

I am no doctor, but can tell you I tossed all my allergy medications because they were upsetting my stomach and I am not too sure they were all that beneficial; that included nasal spray of any sort and pills. It is a HORRIBLE allergy season and I feel drugs can do more harm than good, at times.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: A flare up?

It is sometimes difficult to stop taking an antihistamine as your allergies will be stronger. There is no cure for them. Not even injections "cure" them. They simply keep them at bay for a while. ANd yes, your allergies can wreak havoc - and even kill you. Stay on the zyrtec or whatever works best for you.

Reply Reply