It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Idiopathic Solar Urticaria

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
    ISUJ
    (male)

ISUJ HB User
    Idiopathic Solar Urticaria

I was born and lived in southern California all my life until 2008, moved to the mid-west now on the East coast.

About 6 years ago, almost overnight I became sensitive to sun exposure. Skin and even through my shirt and a t-shirt I break out in hives with in minutes, once out of the sun it will go away in about 15-20 minutes. The more sun exposure on a daily basis the break out is not as bad.

I have been to doctors, no answers, just "you are allergic to the sun and we don't know why". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #2
    Hivey64
    (male)

Hivey64 HB User
    Chronic Hives and Urticaria

I felt it necessary to post because i have read just about every board there is and I know exactly what it feels like to suffer from this intolerable condition. I had chronic idiopathic urticaria for a year. It started out with some itchy palms that would wake me at night. Then it spread to other parts of my body. There were days I had hundreds, maybe thousands. They only thing that would alleviate them was Prednisone but I was determined not to take that for more than a week. I had every blood test in the book. Nothing stopped the itch. I tried anything you can imagine even numbing cream for tattoos. I saw an allergist, two dermatologists, a GP, a cardiologist, an R/A, you name it. Nobody had a clue. They all said it could not be cured - it had to go away on its own. I started keeping a detailed diary. I recommend you do that. I noticed it flared more when I would eat more carbs or have a few drinks. I was virtually hopeless. I started fasting to see how my body would react. I noticed that with no alcohol and less carbs the hives would reduce but not eradicate. I couldn't take it anymore. I could not imagine living like this another 40 years. Then by happenstance during a routine checkup I mentioned to my doctor that they seemed to flare the more I ate and the more I drank. I light went on and he said the common denominator in alcohol and most foods is yeast. He said no physicians would agree with him, that it was a long shot but maybe I had Candida. I had not heard of Candida. I started reading up on it and saw the connection between yeast and leaky gut - the permeability of your GI track that allows microscopic toxic secretions to leak into your body and trigger an immune response. Hmmmm. I'm not overweight. I'm in fairly great shape. How could I have leaky gut. He put me on a two week prescription of Fluconazole (anti-fungal) and I adjusted my diet to no/low yeast - basically gluten free. I cut back on the alcohol substantially and limited my intake to vodka which contains no yeast after distilling. Within days my hives started to reduce in size, color and itch. I literally watched them reduce down to a handful, then one or two. I was then seeing one at night, none during the day. I was basically hive free for the first time in a year. I considered it nothing short of a miracle and believe-you-me i was praying every day for the wisdom to discover the problem. I was a healthy, in shape male. I would never have suspected myself as having a yeast or leaky gut syndrome. I had no symptoms - except hives. Watching them dry up to nothing is probably one of the most exciting moments of my life. If you are reading this and you are desperate, don't give up. You are what you eat. Don't ever forget that. Don't let any doctor tell you you're wrong - consider leaky gut syndrome and consider trying a two week prescription of Fluconazole and a good pro-biotic. Something is causing your immune system to fire off those nasty, red bastards. Figure it out.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-02-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Reply Reply