It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Allergies???

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-11-2019, 12:28 AM   #1
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User
    Allergies???

Hi there. Iíve been dealing with so many health issues as of late and itís eating away at me. Iím seeing a doctor on Friday for it but the anxiety is driving me up a wall.
    Conditions I currently have: PTSD, illness anxiety disorder, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, severe dissociation, seasonal allergies.

I moved from Ohio to California in early February. And I had some allergy problems during the spring time in Ohio. But starting late June, I was hit with a wirlwind of things. Blocked nose, post nasal drip, coughing, nausea.

A few weeks ago, I felt a lump in the throat. I tried getting it out and then my throat tightened. I could still breathe but it felt tight. I had light fevers. Nothing going over 100. Mucus in my throat and some in my lungs with and without coughing. Now recently over the last week, Iíve had pain in my arms and heartburn. When I breathe in, I cough. Shortness of breath. And all of this time, I wake up every single day nauseous that either goes away after a few hours (sometimes itíll take longer) or I make tea and try to use the restroom to get the nausea out quicker. All with a blocked nose and piles of post nasal drip. Iím miserable and donít know all of my allergies. I donít know what else to do besides drinking tea and running my humidifier.. does this actually sound like allergies??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2019, 03:46 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Allergies???

Very well could be. Is there some reason you aren't taking OTC antihistamines such as zyrtec, etc.? Full allergy testing should shed some light on this along with perhaps asthma testing (breathing test).

Old 07-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I think cough variant asthma possibly as well as allergies. But you might have sinus infection or even reflux perpetuating some of the symptoms.

I suggest you talk to your doctor about trying Singulair.

Have you had proper blood testing as well as b12, ferritin, iron, Vitamin d?

You mention humidifier....are you cleaning it thoroughly and using distilled and not tap water?

q

Old 07-11-2019, 06:57 PM   #4
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    I think cough variant asthma possibly as well as allergies. But you might have sinus infection or even reflux perpetuating some of the symptoms.

I suggest you talk to your doctor about trying Singulair.

Have you had proper blood testing as well as b12, ferritin, iron, Vitamin d?

You mention humidifier....are you cleaning it thoroughly and using distilled and not tap water?

q
    So I havenít had my blood checked in years. Because of all of the anxiety. But I do make sure I use distilled water in my humidifier, yes. I guess because of the chest and arm pain, Iím on edge a little bit, as you could probably imagine.. but itís lasted a few days so I canít imagine it being anything insane?
    Iíll talk to my doctor about Singulair too

Old 07-11-2019, 10:34 PM   #5
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Please let us know the outcome of your appointment.

q

Old 07-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Just a note about Singulair, like many drugs, it doesn't work for everyone (didn't do a thing for me). and it takes several weeks to build up in you system

Old 07-13-2019, 05:54 AM   #7
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Please let us know the outcome of your appointment.

q
    Didnít get too much out of the appointment. He said he didnít really know but said weíll do blood tests.
    But man, Iím having some serious stomach problems. Acid reflux like crazy (I feel vomit in the back of the throat a lot), nausea, soft stools. But then today, I couldnít go at all. And when I finally did, it appeared mostly normal despite some very dark patches. I just donít understand what I need to do to get some help

Old 07-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #8
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear jena,

Hon, I can understand what you seem to be going through as I used to be a very anxious person. I learned that there are many imbalances and disorders and upsets that no one can "diagnose", fix or resolve for us . Health anxiety is just one of those things we need to take charge of ourselves. Someone once told me that we cannot dwell on two things at one time. What we choose to dwell on does affect our emotions and our emotions do affect our bodies, esp. the entire digestive tract. We can relax and research solutions and try them, or we can literally make ourselves sick with worrying. Worry is our own choice. It might not feel like it but we can change how we choose to look at things. But worry certain can cause us problems which no one can change but us, by changing our own minds.

When I feel generally anxious no amount of research or testing will quell my anxiety. Do you think this may be what is going on with you? Even if you had a serious illness, medicine would not make you well by itself. You must make yourself stop fretting. We can choose to think of pleasant things. We can get some advice about what we eat, how much we sleep, etc. Loads of info on how to be healthy is on the internet.

Stomach issues and digestive symptoms are closely related to anxiety and fear. When no serious disease is found we can rest assured that we need to make some changes ourselves, maybe in diet as well as in our thought life. It is well known that we can make ourselves very sick by stressing about life and worrying. Anxiety by itself can throw digestion completely off balance, especially when we eat inappropriately, like too much, have unhealthy diet, not enough rest, etc.

The medical profession is all about disease and injury. It cannot diagnose or resolve or cure our mental habits. There is no pill for it or a quick fix. What we tell ourselves does affect our health and well-being. What we choose to eat and when affects our health and well-being. Drugs are not health foods. Plus, they usually have unsatisfactory or unpleasant side effects.

Perhaps taking a yoga or exercise class or going for a walk and looking at the birds and scenery will help you get started on the road to learning to relax and take one day at a time.

Reply Reply

« Mold | - »