It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• prednisone pill

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-27-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    prednisone pill

has anyone taken one Prednisone pill before going to a party to help from getting a reaction to perfume and has it helped. How soon before the party was it taken?
    I think I have a 10 mg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: prednisone pill

Better to take an antihistamine. Do you have any?
    I've not heard of pred being used in the way you describe, but I've not done research on that either.
    q

Old 12-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Better to take an antihistamine. Do you have any?
    I've not heard of pred being used in the way you describe, but I've not done research on that either.
    q
    No, I do not have any and those do not work for me.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Did you ever try the Singulair or QNasl that have been recommended to you?

Old 12-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Did you ever try the Singulair or QNasl that have been recommended to you?
    Thank you. I believe you made this suggestion before and I had no luck. If taking a prednisone pill, do you know how many hours before going to a party it should be taken. Two drs. have even me different answers!!!!

Old 12-28-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No luck getting them or no luck after using? And I have no idea about the pred...I don't take the stuff for environmental allergies...and wouldn't dare take it prohpylactically

Old 12-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #7
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Prendisone is a steroid, not an allergy drug..it will not help you with perfumes and allergens.. it WILL help you if you have inflammation or if your doctor prescribed it for something specific.
    An antihistamine will help you will allergens.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #8
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    No luck getting them or no luck after using? And I have no idea about the pred...I don't take the stuff for environmental allergies...and wouldn't dare take it prohpylactically
    Why would you not dare take ONE of those pills? If it so dangerous, why is it on the market?

Old 12-29-2019, 10:12 AM   #9
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I said I wouldn't take one prophylactically...that means unless I had a condition that required it....I am very senstive to this and it hypes me way up and I have to take something to counteract that at the same time (muscle relaxer, benedryl, etc)so why put myself thru that if I dont NEED the med? The QNasl works great for me-one whiff of an offending odor and I do 2 puffs and all is well. Also there are lots of meds on the market that people are allergic to...and no one is taking them off the market...antibiotics are one such...I am very allergic to penicillin -proven as a child when I had anaphylaxis and as an adult thru testing. It could kill me. I won't even touch a bottle of it. But it's great for those who can take it.

Old 12-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #10
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    I said I wouldn't take one prophylactically...that means unless I had a condition that required it....I am very senstive to this and it hypes me way up and I have to take something to counteract that at the same time (muscle relaxer, benedryl, etc)so why put myself thru that if I dont NEED the med? The QNasl works great for me-one whiff of an offending odor and I do 2 puffs and all is well. Also there are lots of meds on the market that people are allergic to...and no one is taking them off the market...antibiotics are one such...I am very allergic to penicillin -proven as a child when I had anaphylaxis and as an adult thru testing. It could kill me. I won't even touch a bottle of it. But it's great for those who can take it.
    A interested in the Qnasal, so thanks for the suggestion. I will speak with my dr when he gets back into town. Do you need a prescription for this and, if used, just before a party, will that one time help with chemical sensitivity. Do you use it often? I ask because I cannot go to the theater, restaurants or you name it. IN this day and age, there should be something to alleviate my problem!

Old 12-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #11
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, QNasl is prescription. I don't use it prophylactically normally but you can. I usually wait till I encounter an issue and then use it. It is a steroid inhaler so it will work pretty much immediately....at least for me.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #12
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Yes, QNasl is prescription. I don't use it prophylactically normally but you can. I usually wait till I encounter an issue and then use it. It is a steroid inhaler so it will work pretty much immediately....at least for me.
    Thank you!

Old 12-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #13
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
    A interested in the Qnasal, so thanks for the suggestion. I will speak with my dr when he gets back into town. Do you need a prescription for this and, if used, just before a party, will that one time help with chemical sensitivity. Do you use it often? I ask because I cannot go to the theater, restaurants or you name it. IN this day and age, there should be something to alleviate my problem!
    so you are highly allergic to perfumes and chemical odors; am I correct?

Old 12-30-2019, 05:32 AM   #14
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Not sure how you define"highly" but one Clorox wipe out at work and I'm hitting the inhaler

Old 12-30-2019, 09:19 PM   #15
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Not sure how you define"highly" but one Clorox wipe out at work and I'm hitting the inhaler
    Do you take this after something effects you or before, if you know you will be near something that effects you. I am waiting for a prescription, so am just curious.

Reply Reply