It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Swollen tonsils due to allergies?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
    Ping13

Ping13 HB User
    Swollen tonsils due to allergies?

I've had swollen tonsils for at least 2 weeks now. Could be long but I randomly checked my mouth and noticed them. I have allergies, some slight congestion in the morning and post nasal drip. No throat soreness, no fever, no white spots, just a little red from them being a little swollen. Can still breath fine, only symptom I have is when I swallow it feels like I have something in the back of my throat. I've had strep before and I don't think it's that.
    Mainly wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar and if Its something I should go in to see the doctor about or wait it out a little longer to see if it goes away.

Last edited by Ping13; 06-16-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a part

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Swollen tonsils due to allergies?

Hi...I would go and request a swab for sure.
    Regarding allergies causing tonsils to swell and become inflamed...i read yes. Gerd can also cause it.

I suggest you try sinus rinse...I use NeilMed squeese bottle system once or twice a day.

If you do have continuing sinus and tonsil issues without infection, trying Singulair is a good option.

q

Old 06-23-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
    Ping13

Ping13 HB User
    Re: Swollen tonsils due to allergies?

Thanks for the tips! I ended up going in and the doc didn't see a need for a swab test. Said it might be related to GERD and to cut out acidic foods and see how it goes. So now I just have to wait it out and hope it heals up. Hoping it's not something else since it wasn't that thorough of an exam.

Reply Reply