It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Ear pressure

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #1
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User
    Ear pressure

Hello,
    My sister has ear pressure in one ear. She has had it for about 3 years now. She has gone to several Ear, Nose and Throat Dr's. No one can seems to know why she has it in one ear. She has allergies and asthma and a deviated septum to give you some info. She doesn't take allergy meds all that much just as needed. She has constant ear ringing and I feel so bad for her because now within the last year or so has developed veritgo off and on. Not really bad but it's there. She's gone through hearing tests, has had wax removed, which they all thought was a wax thing. I know she has anxiety from time to time and who can blame her for this frustration? No one offers her any answers. One Dr said she had tight neck muscles and she has a chronic pinched nerve on the same side as the ear fullness but that neck wouldn't cause the ear pressure and the ringing. Any ideas of why this is for her?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Ear pressure

In my opinion, most of the time the cause of all these types of problems is due to a weakened immune system caused by the person's lifestyle. That's why she could go to 5, 10 or 15 doctors and never get any satisfaction or relief. Doctors are not trained to look at the totality of a person's lifestyle and don't have the time for it either.

If she has a lot of stress, for example, stress can cause inflammation and inflammation can cause any number of strange health issues to pop up.

Healing requires getting a good nights' sleep, moderate exercise, stress control, and eating a nutrient dense diet (i.e. eliminating fast foods or empty calories).

The reason I say this is because you said she has anxiety from time to time.
    So that's a big clue that she needs to work on lifestyle issues.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

I know she eats as much organic as she can but also loves her sweets and pizza. She takes vitamins and all kinds of supplements. Her asthma and allergies in my opinion aren't that well controlled. In other words, she only uses albuterol several times a day, she only uses allergy meds as needed and tries to use supplements for the allergies then she has anxiety from time to time and I know she doesn't sleep well and hasn't for awhile now. She doesn't sleep through the night. She has 3 dogs (not shedding) and I just worry about her. She has a chronic pinched nerve on the same as her ear pressure and has been to many chiropractors and if they have helped, it was only temporary. She has sciatica and I just feel bad for her and wish there was something I could do.

Old 08-06-2020, 02:56 PM   #4
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Ear pressure could, easily, be from allergies and I speak from experience. The best releif I get is from acupuncture. It REALLY helps.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #5
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

Thank You. I will mention that to her. How long does your relief last after the acupuncture? She did tell me that a few years ago, an allergy Dr told her she had Eustachian tube dysfunction and that she had a "balloon" in her ear and said she was probably born with it and she ran across an old report that yrs ago, an ENT (in her previous state she used to live in) had told her the same thing and that ETD and allergies go together a lot of times. I'm wondering why on earth out of the 5 ENT Dr's that she has gone to the past 3 years hadn't told her that? In fact one said she DIDN'T have Eustachian tube dysfunction. I just don't understand that.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:50 PM   #6
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fiddlesrus View Post
    Thank You. I will mention that to her. How long does your relief last after the acupuncture? She did tell me that a few years ago, an allergy Dr told her she had Eustachian tube dysfunction and that she had a "balloon" in her ear and said she was probably born with it and she ran across an old report that yrs ago, an ENT (in her previous state she used to live in) had told her the same thing and that ETD and allergies go together a lot of times. I'm wondering why on earth out of the 5 ENT Dr's that she has gone to the past 3 years hadn't told her that? In fact one said she DIDN'T have Eustachian tube dysfunction. I just don't understand that.
    I cannot give you a definite answer as to how often she treats me for that, I do find that if my hearing is sort of the fritz and I mention it to here, she will feel the side of each ear and she can tell if it is allergies or not. Lately, she has had to do it frequently because it has been a horrible allergy season I have been going to her due to injuries from a horrible automobile accident. Allergies DEFINITELY effect the ears as well as the eyes and nose and you name it. Your sister would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by consulting an acupuncturist. After she has treated me, I definitely feel relief. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #7
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

Thank you. Do your allergies give you anxiety? I know she has that from time to time but she's also in her 50's so it could be anything. I think (and this is just my opinion) alot of her anxiety is from the vertigo she gets. She HATES Dr's and tries to do everything as natural as possible but she doesn't like the needle thing. 🙄 but will mention it to her. 😊

Old 08-06-2020, 05:38 PM   #8
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Thank you. Do your allergies give you anxiety? I know she has that from time to time but she's also in her 50's so it could be anything. I think (and this is just my opinion) alot of her anxiety is from the vertigo she gets. She HATES Dr's and tries to do everything as natural as possible but she doesn't like the needle thing. 🙄 but will mention it to her. 😊
    Allergies are VERY VERY frustrating!! I also HATE doctors and could write a book about how they have tried to mess me up. They have egos from here to the moon and think they are next to God. I have also had vertigo. Look it up on the Internet and there are exercises she can do for that. Five bucks the acupuncturist can help. As far as needles, you can hardly feel them in acupuncture; if you do, the feeling is slight. I would let them put them a jack hammer to my head to get better. I believe acupuncture throws the body back on to balance in many fields. Keep asking anything you wish. Any illness causes anxiety.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #9
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
    Allergies are VERY VERY frustrating!! I also HATE doctors and could write a book about how they have tried to mess me up. They have egos from here to the moon and think they are next to God. I have also had vertigo. Look it up on the Internet and there are exercises she can do for that. Five bucks the acupuncturist can help. As far as needles, you can hardly feel them in acupuncture; if you do, the feeling is slight. I would let them put them a jack hammer to my head to get better. I believe acupuncture throws the body back on to balance in many fields. Keep asking anything you wish. Any illness causes anxiety.
    I have to agree about the Doctors! After seeing what she's gone through with her ear thing! My goodness. I can understand why she has health anxiety. Medicine masks or "manages" symptoms and the root cause needs to be treated. I will certainly try and get her to look at acupuncture. Thanks so much!

Old 08-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #10
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    I have to agree about the Doctors! After seeing what she's gone through with her ear thing! My goodness. I can understand why she has health anxiety. Medicine masks or "manages" symptoms and the root cause needs to be treated. I will certainly try and get her to look at acupuncture. Thanks so much!
    You are more than welcome and, as I said, feel free to ask. You are right that doctors mask most everything with medications that line their pockets and the drug companies. Now, there is a time when medication is needed, but for instance, one does not need the medications that are offered for acid reflux. Aloe vera will do the trick. I was on a pill years ago for reflux; one didn't work, the dr. told me to take another. I thought he was nuts, so came home and did research on the internet, started taking aloe very and threw his medication out FAST!

Old 08-06-2020, 07:01 PM   #11
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

I drink apple cider vinegar with a bit of honey and warm water first thing in the morning. Great for weight loss and acid reflux. You are right and especially now. Dr's are throwing procedures and meds like wildfire now to make up for lost time. I just experienced that at a dermatologist office. Something was taken off my hand that I KNEW didn't need to be but she caught me off guard and acted like it was needed and dummy me let her. Turned out to be nothing. I wasn't expecting anything to be taken off because I figured she had probably seen this what turned out to be an age spot thousands of times.🙄 Honest to Pete!!!

Old 08-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #12
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

[QUOTE=Fiddlesrus;5504681]I drink apple cider vinegar with a bit of honey and warm water first thing in the morning. Great for weight loss and acid reflux. You are right and especially now. Dr's are throwing procedures and meds like wildfire now to make up for lost time. I just experienced that at a dermatologist office. Something was taken off my hand that I KNEW didn't need to be but she caught me off guard and acted like it was needed and dummy me let her. Turned out to be nothing. I wasn't expecting anything to be taken off because I figured she had probably seen this what turned out to be an age spot thousands of times.🙄 Honest to Pete!!![/QUO That is HorrIBLE and I would leave her faster than Grant took Richmond. I have heard that apple cider vinegar works and have used it, but not with honey. If your sister does try acupuncture, I will be interested as to how she makes out.

Reply Reply