It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• I NEED HELP! THROAT FEELS DEHYDRATED ALL THE TIME

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2001, 03:47 PM   #1
    MELODYGIRL3

MELODYGIRL3 HB User
    Post I NEED HELP! THROAT FEELS DEHYDRATED ALL THE TIME

I REALIZE PEOPLE GET DRY THROATS OCCASIONALLY FROM MEDICATION AND STRESS BUT MY THROAT STAYS DEHYDRATED. BELIEVE IT OR NOT I STARTED HAVING THIS PROBLEM IN THE SPRING OF 1997 2 WEEKS AFTER I HAD STREP THROAT. MY THROAT ACTUALLY BURNS INSIDE AND SO DOES MY NOSE. I RUN LOW GRADE FEVERS FREQUENTLY. I HAVE SEVERE ALLERGIES TO FOODS AND ENVIRONMENTAL. WHEN I GO TO THE DOCTOR THEY ACT LIKE ITS NO BIG DEAL. BUT MY THROAT FEELS LIKE I HAVE NOT HAD ANY WATER IN A YEAR. IT WONT GO AWAY. SINCE MY NOSE IS BURNING LIKE MY THROAT COULD THIS BE AN ALLERGY. I HAVE TRIED ALLEGRA AND FLOAINASE. NONE WORK. PLUS FROM LOW GRADE FEVERS I FEEL SICK AND FATIGUED. I HAVE HAD BLOODWORK AND IT TURNS OUT PERFECT. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THSES SYMPTOMS OR HEARD OF THEM? WHAT WOULD YOU ALL DO? CHRISTIE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2001, 04:14 PM   #2
    lawrencet1

lawrencet1 HB User
    Have you tried guaifenesin. I'm not sure of the spelling...but it's a prescription "mucolitic"--meaning (sorry for being graphic) it keeps mucous thin and flowing. I use my voice for a living and my ENT has me on it all the time so I don't get dry throat.

Tom

Old 08-17-2001, 04:55 PM   #3
    dawn2

dawn2 HB User
    Medody:
    I would recommend asking your doc to test you for Sjorgren's Disease or Sicca syndrome. Look both up on the net and do some research and see if the symptoms sound like yours. Tests for this are usually not called for on regular bloodwork. If your nose, mouth, and eyes seem dry all the time (especially if your NOT on flonase and an antihistimine - as they tend to dry you out), I would definitely pursue for an answer. I'm waiting for my results for the above as I've had many problems with the nasal passages being dry and my throat. Good luck! Dawn

Closed Thread