It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

ears! weird feeling!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #1
Tina22

Tina22 HB User
Unhappy ears! weird feeling!!

hey!

Ok well,about 2 months before I left for a trip I got an ear infection, I had to take antibiotics for 10 days but I only took it for 8 because I started getting diarreah, But i was feeling better! But when I took my plane I arrived there with blocked ears and feeling really lightheaded.I saw a doctor and he said I had liquid behind my ear. So i took the medicine he gave me and I felt better. I took the plane home and it started again, but my ears aren't blocked but I still feel light headed, almost like everything I do is a dream,I'm not congested but I do have some weird headaches as well and I lost my apetite. Right now i'm on sudafed, I feel a bit better but not completely! what could this be??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
dustin1234

dustin1234 HB User
I wish I could help... but I can't. I do however have some of the same symptoms. But my ears feel "plugged" all the time.

Your definition of feeling like you were in a dream is 100% correct. I also took antibiotics for two weeks and had a penecilin shot and a couple other things too, but nothing seems to work. I think it is slowly working itself out of my system though. I don't feel as bad as I did a month ago, but I sure as heck don't feel "right." Good luck with your problem, I hope somebody can actually give you adivce, unlike me

Dustin

Old 08-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
Annie51

Annie51 HB User
Unhappy

To those with the ear problems. I can sympathize with you. 3 months ago I started with popping in my ears and pressure in both ears. I went to doctor after doctor but they said I had no fluid. sometimes they would pop open and I would get so excited. Only to have them close up again when I would swallow. Finally and ENT doctor who put a tube down my nose and looked into my eustachian tubes and said there was no fluid, but said they were inflammed. He put me on Zyrtec and Singular and NasacortAQ. I have only been on them for a few days, but hope this works. He says it is from allergies, brought on by my immune system being run down from some infections i had back to back. I also am taking 3,000 mg of vit C, selenium, zinc, and flaxseed oil daily to build my immune system. Try that. I will update if this all works. GOOD LUCK.
ANOTHER GOOD THING TO TRY IS PRAYER!

Old 08-18-2003, 10:40 AM   #4
dustin1234

dustin1234 HB User
Hey Annie... I think your doctors theory is a good one.. that is exactly what I think mine is too.. I did not have back to back infections before this... at least none that I knew of. But my eustachian tubes are definitely inflamed or something to keep them shut I can pop them also (sometimes more often than others). So getting healthy and building up the immune system is always a good way to go... sometimes we just need a wake up call And you are right that prayer is always a good idea.

Good luck on your doctors theory... I hope it works, in my case I just think it is taking time (antiobiotics and a penecillian shot didn't work earlier, but maybe it just took time ). So hopefully next time you post I can reply with good news as well.

Take care and God Bless,

Dustin

Closed Thread