It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Allergies Message Board

  • Allergies to Wool Rugs and Dust Mites

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 12-01-2003, 08:26 PM   #1
    CONCERNED20
    Senior Member
     
    CONCERNED20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 116
    CONCERNED20 HB User
    Allergies to Wool Rugs and Dust Mites

    Does anyone know if you can be allergic to wool area rugs? I never had allergies in the past 38 years and I've been exposed to many thick wool area rugs. I have symptoms and have been told I'm allergic to dust mites. Is it poosible that these area rugs are the problem?

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 12-02-2003, 06:04 AM   #2
    James123
    Member
     
    James123's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: new york, ny
    Posts: 64
    James123 HB User
    Re: Allergies to Wool Rugs and Dust Mites

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CONCERNED20
    Does anyone know if you can be allergic to wool area rugs? I never had allergies in the past 38 years and I've been exposed to many thick wool area rugs. I have symptoms and have been told I'm allergic to dust mites. Is it poosible that these area rugs are the problem?

    Not "possible" but DEFINITE! Any type of a rug is loaded with dust mites. I think all fabrics are. I'm very allergic to dust mites also and when I change my pillow case I wake up not stuffed up.

    If you still want to keep the rugs, you must vacuum them often.

    Just curious: Do you also get any ecsema rashes? I sometimes get them too and somebody told me that they are related to dust mite allergies.

     
    Old 12-02-2003, 08:25 AM   #3
    CONCERNED20
    Senior Member
     
    CONCERNED20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 116
    CONCERNED20 HB User
    Re: Allergies to Wool Rugs and Dust Mites

    No I don't get any rashes at all. The only thing I really experience is ETD. It's driving me crazy to the point of putting PE Tubes in.
    Do you think you can be allergic to wool rugs more than synthetic rugs like polypropelene rugs?

     
    Old 12-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #4
    James123
    Member
     
    James123's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: new york, ny
    Posts: 64
    James123 HB User
    Re: Allergies to Wool Rugs and Dust Mites

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CONCERNED20
    No I don't get any rashes at all. The only thing I really experience is ETD. It's driving me crazy to the point of putting PE Tubes in.
    Do you think you can be allergic to wool rugs more than synthetic rugs like polypropelene rugs?
    Yes! My Mom told me years ago that a lot of people are allergic to wool sweaters. Change from wool to whatever. Oh, by the way, what is ETD? Thanks.

     
    Old 12-03-2003, 01:16 PM   #5
    CONCERNED20
    Senior Member
     
    CONCERNED20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 116
    CONCERNED20 HB User
    Re: Allergies to Wool Rugs and Dust Mites

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by James123
    Yes! My Mom told me years ago that a lot of people are allergic to wool sweaters. Change from wool to whatever. Oh, by the way, what is ETD? Thanks.
    Hi James:
    ETD is eustachian tube disfunction. The tubes that regulate pressure in your middle ear and the surroundings are not working properly and you get this negative pressure feeling in you head. It's uncomfortable They also drain any mucous from your sinuses. It's caused by many things including allergies. Allergies cause them to inflame and they can't open and close properly to allow drainage into the throat.

    Nick

     
    Old 12-05-2003, 06:38 AM   #6
    James123
    Member
     
    James123's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2002
    Location: new york, ny
    Posts: 64
    James123 HB User
    Re: Allergies to Wool Rugs and Dust Mites

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CONCERNED20
    Hi James:
    ETD is eustachian tube disfunction. The tubes that regulate pressure in your middle ear and the surroundings are not working properly and you get this negative pressure feeling in you head. It's uncomfortable They also drain any mucous from your sinuses. It's caused by many things including allergies. Allergies cause them to inflame and they can't open and close properly to allow drainage into the throat.

    Nick
    Thanks for the info! I know I'm sick of getting sinus pressure, the feeling of always having goggles on. I've taken myself off of dairy completely since about a week ago and that has helped drastically reduce my fatigue and mucuous, nasal stuffiness.

    I'm still an allergy sufferer. But I feel SO much better without dairy.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Are Southern States good or bad for Allergies? Katielyn Allergies 12 07-17-2009 08:33 PM
    What can untreated Allergies do to you? mrt7777 Allergies 36 05-05-2009 09:21 PM
    My Dust Mites Allergies Turn Severe At Computer Desk martingold Allergies 4 09-06-2007 02:27 AM
    One year old and allergies nmbriere Children's Health 5 03-31-2007 11:10 PM
    allergies and my bedroom - what to do? skittles411 Allergies 8 09-22-2005 11:41 PM
    No relief for Dust Mite Allergies. HELP!!! mrdtuck Allergies 16 01-24-2005 09:48 AM
    Permanent damage from untreated allergies. trojanbaby Allergies 7 01-20-2005 06:02 AM
    dizziness, motionsikness and allergies? lib Allergies 16 12-04-2003 06:27 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 AM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!