It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

Does anyone feel great! How did you do it?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2003, 06:31 AM   #1
Want 2 B Well
Senior Veteran

Want 2 B Well HB User
Post Does anyone feel great! How did you do it?

Hi I am new here and I want to ask you all a personal question. Does anyone with allergies EVER feel good again???? I haven't felt good for 5 years and I wanna. I am sick of being sick.
I have been on allergy shots for 2+yrs. I was retested a couple of weeks ago because I am miserable. I am currently taking zyrtec plus my weekly shot. Is there something else I can do?
My ent says I DON't have a sinus infection, how do you know if you do???
Sorry so long but I just want to be well.
Quit smoking June 3 2003
Will be 39 in Feb.
Scared to turn 40

I am a work in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 09:53 AM   #2
Sarah68
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Yes. I have suffered from various allergies, including hives, hayfever, asthma, food intolerances and stomach problems due to this.

Firstly, I helped my stomach problems dramatically by changing my diet and cutting out dairy and wheat. I found out I was lactose intolerant so this helped a lot. I had also been taking conventional meds, such as antihistamines and inhalers and I then hit a crisis point, where I came back from holiday and just broke out in hives, was itching all over and had a very bad stomach. I was really depressed and did not know what to do. I went to see my doc who just prescribed antibiotics for my stomach and gave me another prescription for an antihistamine and then tried to tell me that I had scabies to top it all, which I did not have.

A few days later I spoke to a friend and told her what had happened. She was studying an ND program at the time and suggested that I try and see an ND in my area and that they did consults in acupuncture, herbal medicine and homeopathy.

Well, I went to see one. He asked lots of questions and examined me thoroughly and even took bloods. He spent well in excess of an hour with me and eventually gave me some herbal remedies. This seemed to help my itching and my stomach a little, but when I went back to see him, he decided to use homeopathy and this was my turning point.

I have worked my way through a few homeopathic remedies since then, but have no long lasting problems. No allergies or asthma or stomach problems. I have also had acupuncture treatment too which I have found very beneficial and have also just recently had craniosacral therapy to help. This is a very gentle, but powerful type of therapy.

Craniosacral Therapy is meant to be extremely good for sinus problems.

You can have an inflammation of the sinuses without there being infection present, so they can still be blocked and painful. Normally, if infection is present, then any discharge is likely to be of a yellow or green colour rather than just clear.

Hope this helps and it really may well be worth your while investigating the alternative therapies to try and help you, as you have been finding that the conventional is failing you?

Good luck

[This message has been edited by Sarah68 (edited 09-04-2003).]

Old 09-04-2003, 02:42 PM   #3
n7ynk
Inactive

n7ynk HB User
Talking

Nasal irrigation has been the ticket for me. This process has eliminated all meds I was taking, stopped my food allergies to dairy, chicken and coffee, cleared a persistent skin rash, stopped runny nose, flushed face and chest and finally sneezing.
I bought a nasal irrigator and use sea salt and baking soda. I swear by the stuff. I use it twice day, sometimes 3, at lunch. My sinuses are so clear & I sleep 8 hours most of the time. I have been using this process since may 03. it justs gets better each day.

Old 09-05-2003, 10:29 AM   #4
Want 2 B Well
Senior Veteran

Want 2 B Well HB User
Thanks for the responses. I will have to check into these things.
Quit smoking June 3 2003
Will be 39 in Feb.
Scared to turn 40

I am a work in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread