It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Clarinex side effect?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
    22ad22

22ad22 HB User
    Post Clarinex side effect?

I have had allergies most of my life, but this ragweed season has been particularly bad. So I started taking clarinex about 4 days ago. I've tried allegra and zyrtec before but had side effects. It seems anymore that if a drug has a side effect I will get it. Yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat. I'm thinking that this is from the clarinex, since it is listed as a side effect. I could be me getting sick, but I don't have a fever yet. And it feels different than a normal sore throat.

I was just wondering if anybody has gotten a sore throat from clarinex. I stopped taking clarinex today. Does anybody know if my sore throat will go away soon since I stopped using clarinex, or if it will have to run its course and take awhile to go away.

Does anybody else have problems with allergy med side effects. What do you take? I just got some patanol for my eyes, and I'll be starting flonase soon.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
    tim77

tim77 HB User
    Cool

I use Claritin, I have used Clarinex but it made me dizzy and just doesn't seem to work as well as Claritin.

If side-effects are really bothering you, you may try to rotate your allergy medicine. For example, for one week, I use Clarition, the next week Clorinephrine(these are all over the counter). I have about three that I rotate around.

If you are really a side-effect prone person, try Benadryl(the new dye-free formula) available in drug stores. You may have to take it every 4-6 hours and take 2 pills each time, but it is good it doesn't have that many side-effects (on me anyways)and works as well as the new handy-dandy products that break the bank

Good Luck!

Old 09-15-2003, 06:23 PM   #3
    Susie

Susie HB User
    Clarinex did cause me to have a mild sore throat at first, but after several days that went away. This is the one drug that actually keeps my "snotty eyes" under control for the full 24hours so that when I wake up, I don't have to overcome that feeling.

Closed Thread