It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

hives? chigers? rash?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
LiSa42069

LiSa42069 HB User
Post hives? chigers? rash?

I am 18 year old college freshman, and for the past 3 weeks or so I have been getting a strange rash on my upper arms and chest mostly. The area will start to itch all of a sudden and as I itch it little red bumps will appear, along with some big bumps which look like ordinary mosquito bites. Using moisturizer helps a little, and after about 20 min. or so the rash slowly disappears. but it somehow always manages to return! i have washed my sheets and clothes many times and that seemed to help a little bit. does anyone have any clue what this wierd rash is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
Hogan Grimm
(male)

Hogan Grimm HB User
Hello LiSa42069.
Just a few questions first. Is there anything you may be doing different? Like are you using a new knid of perfume you haven't used before? Are you using a new knid of laundry detergent? Does it happen when you get hot. Are you eating anything different that you don't normally eat all the time? Are you using a new kind of deordent that you haven't used before? Just try and think of what you might be doing or have done different
in the past 3 weeks that might have caused this to happen. I will try to help you as best I can. Let me know ok?

Hogan Grimm

Old 10-08-2003, 02:56 PM   #3
jlc

jlc HB User
I have the same problem; itchy skin and red bumps on my legs, arms and neck. My husband was worried so he took me to the ER and they said I must be allergic to something but they didn't know what. I have not used any new products or foods. What do you think could be causing this?

Old 10-09-2003, 04:24 AM   #4
Flower_03

Flower_03 HB User
Hi, I've had a similar problem. It started when I moved to a new house- I would get these red bites usually on my legs that look like mosquito bites and this would occur during the night. Some nights I would get arnd 5 or 6 bites, while other nights i wouldn't get any. this would happen at least once a week and has been happening over a period of 3 months.
I have been given advice that it is probably fleas or some sort of bug that is biting me. However everything is very clean and we don't have animals.

I have sprayed my mattress with insect spray and also in and outside the house. So far (only a few days)- I have not gotten any red spots since doing this. It's REALLY weird and annoying that i get these bites. However mine don't disappear like yours do- they take abt 4-5 days to heal. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Closed Thread