It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

help i am scared!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2003, 11:37 PM   #1
winterslight

winterslight HB User
Exclamation help i am scared!

ok this has happened to me twice now and it sucks. the frist time i guess was because of a dish soap i used at work. and this thime a all herbel lotion (thought that was safe not) ok i get real sick to my tummy cramps runs ect. head feels like all at one it fills up and is on fire, blood pruser drops frist time 50/20 this time 60/40 this time i passed in and out hard to breath. heart beating hard, couldnt see i seen colors shapes but could tell what i was seeing. blood gas was not good. now i have to carry a epipen. but guys iam scared each time they say is worse. well this happened friday and today i feel like mike tyson beat me up. i dont want to see this again. has this happened to anyone what can i do? what can be doing this. will i make it the next time. i need help. cause this has me scared i wont be here for my babies. thank you for you time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
amyre

amyre HB User
Smile

You sound very terrified! I have a lifelong history of terrible allergies and health problems so I think I might be able to help.

Have you ever heard of a panic attack? Caused by anxiety, panic attacks can make you feel like you're dying because your heart beats really fast, sweating, feeling strange or like you're in dream, blurred vision, etc. You should go to a doctor of any kind, especially a psychiatrist to find out if maybe what you had was a panic attack.

Maybe you had an allergic reaction that really scared you, which may have caused the panic attack, or you never even had an allergic reaction and just a panic attack. Are you sure it was an allergic reaction (did the doctor tell you that?)

If you are having allergic reactions, make sure you carry Benedryl with you all ALL TIMES. I find that when I eat something that I am deathly allergic to, I will not have to use my Epipen if I take a Benedryle as soon as I know i am reacting. Also, carry the Epipen with you AT ALL TIMES, this may save your life if you do have anaphalactic (sp?) shock upon an allergic reaction.

If it's not either of these, I would certainly see a doctor about your problem, they are the only ones who can help you. Also, you won't die from an allergic reaction if you carry the proper meds with you, Epipens are a miracle worker in an emergency.

Feel free to email me. Amy E

------------------
Amy E

Old 10-08-2003, 08:38 PM   #3
winterslight

winterslight HB User
Smile

thank u amy and ya thats what the doctors said it was and belive it or not i was very calm that day i didnt really stress until we was heading to the hospital and i was going in and out kinda and all i could think of was my little girl. and ya that probly made it worse and i no now i have big time stress because of this. and i hate to tell doctors what going on cause they look at you like your crazy. or my fave your to young. had that before when i had arm pain and 5 mtns. tons of doc. then on a wim i went to a crypactor(cant spell) doc. and he told me your shoulder has been out of place this hole time. funny now! so ya stress is bad this time frist time i dealt with it this time its hard. kinda scary not knowing what it might be. well i thank you soo much. you put a smile on my face

Old 10-11-2003, 01:06 PM   #4
air_20
(female)

air_20 HB User
Hi,

Amy's right definitely keep on you Benedryl, I only keep the liquid kind on me because of my allergies to Aspirin, my throat started to close and that's the only kind I would be able to get down if my throat started to close. Also, take Amy's advice always keep a Epipin on you AT ALL TIMES, I keep one at home, one at work and one on me ALL THE TIME. Otherwise I'd also try and speak with your doctor if it happens again.

Closed Thread