It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• has anyone used Simply Saline?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2003, 08:13 AM   #1
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User
    Post has anyone used Simply Saline?

Has anyone tried a nasal irrigation spray called Simply Saline? I asked my ENT about nasal irrigation and he said it would be hard for me (since I gag really easily), but that I should try this Simply Saline stuff. I really want to try nasal irrigation, but I am scared to. Maybe this spray would have the same effect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2003, 08:27 PM   #2
    AngelaA
    Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
    I found Simply Saline a lot easier to use than the neti pot thing. I couldn't get the saline to come out the other side of nostril except when I use the Simply Saline. Its also kind of fun because it really blasts the saline into nose.

But honestly I find long term saline is irritating and drying to nose. I use a grapefruit seed extract spray that also contains glycerin made by Nutribiotics. It works much better for me than saline. I also recently underwent a very bizarre technique called NCR that actually worked. To answer your question though the Simply Saline shouldn't make you gag and it does send more saline up the ol' nostrils than the Ocean spray in squeeze bottles.

Old 10-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #3
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User
    Hi, and thank you so much for the reply! I think I will give the Simply Saline a try. I just ordered some liquid GSE to gargle for tonsil stones, so maybe I can make some kind of nasal spray with it? I don't know.

What is this NCR technique....now you have me curious about that. I am at my wits end about this stuffy nose! I'm getting allergy tested tommorow, and maybe that will help me figure out what's wrong.

Thanks again for your help!

Closed Thread