It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

Swollen nasal passages

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2003, 09:32 AM   #1
turl

turl HB User
Post Swollen nasal passages

I'm 40 and never had any noticeable allergies before now (although I did become chemically sensitive to fragrances a few years ago--causes post nasal drip, and allergy meds don't help it, only avoidance of the irritant). Anyway....for awhile now my nasal passages have been slightly swollen so that it's reducing the air flow. I can still breathe through my nose, but I seem tired because of lack of oxygen, I guess, so I've been mouth-breathing. I tried a decongestant or two, but that didn't work, so I don't want to try more. I just read about the Mayo study where it said that many cases of chronic sinusitis was because of mold/fungus in the nose. Anyone found this to be the case? What is the treatment? Thinking back, my nose became this way after working in the yard on windy days with lots of moldy hardwood mulch. If I go to a doctor with this question, what kind of "medicine" do they use for mold/fungus in the nose (Diflucan, nystatin)? I've been thinking about trying a Grapefruit seed extract nasal spray (GSE is supposed to be anti-fungal). Any thoughts for me? Thank you!
Tab

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 07:49 AM   #2
steph1pk
(female)

steph1pk HB User
There's that new product - I think its called SinoFresh - I think someone mentioned it on a post recently. I haven't yet tried it, but I think it supposed to kill or control the mold and fungus in the nose. It is OTC..

Closed Thread