It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• dry nose/allergic to cold air

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
    mugwump
    (female)

mugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB User
    dry nose/allergic to cold air

This seemed like the most logical board to post to. I guess you could say I'm allergic to cold air. Throughout the year I have to blow my nose alot more than the average person. I think I'm allergic to dust, but then as soon as the weather gets cold, my nose totally dries out and bleeds and then when that happens it's easy to get the flu or a cold. I also have post nasal drip. Since recovering from the flu already this season, I decided that I would try to keep my nose from drying out. I've wanted to try nasal irrigation but I'm kind of scared to because one time I think I tried putting water up my nose and it ran down my throat and freaked me out. So, anyway it's been really cold here, and there is no humidity in my office building. So I decided to drink 2 sips of water every 15 minutes, and it seemed to get rid of the post nasal drip. I was amazed. I've also religiously been using moisturizer. I did a web search on what to do about dry noses, and I found "Nozoil" which is pharmaceutical grade sesame seed oil that people in Europe use but it doesn't seem like they sell it in the US. There have been studies done and supposedly sesame seed oil is far superior than saline spray. I've used saline spray (just salt and water) which sort of helps and I also use a humidifier but sometimes I wonder if they just chap my nose out more. Also when my nose gets really dry, sometimes I get a tickle in my post nasal area and it's like then my nose gets allergic to itself and I keep coughing when I try to breathe and can't stop coughing for about 10 minutes. So I ordered some Nozoil, but it hasn't come yet. I was wondering if anyone has heard of it, or used it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
    Puddin Tame
    (female)

Puddin Tame HB User
    Re: dry nose/allergic to cold air

Hi! I was wondering how the sesame oil nasal spray worked for you. I have a very dry nose too. Thanks for any information! Alexis

Closed Thread