It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• how long can allergens stay in an environment?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #1
    physhstick

physhstick HB User
    how long can allergens stay in an environment?

Hi all!

I'm allergic to just about everything under the sun (always have been) but its never really been more than a nuisance.

During the summer I developed some seriously itchy skin which has never really gone away. Been to the dermo several times and went to my GP today and they think it might be an allergic rxn to something. I've been taking Allegra for years (just switched to Zyrtec today) and have been scratch tested (i was at least mildly allergic to about 90% of what they tested me for).

I'm trying to figure out what the hell could be causing all these allergy problems I'm having. I've swtiched to perfume free everything and nothing has helped.

My doc was telling me about a girl came in having an allergic rxn to something in her apartment and it turned out it was her xmas tree. Even after the tree was long gone she was still having problems....she didn't feel better until she got her carpet cleaned.

That got me to thinking.... I worked as a field research assistant this summer...which was the most fun job EVER but it meant I was frolicking in prairies everyday....and thus dragging all sorts of grassy type stuff inside with me on my clothes...it was around this time that I started getting itchy. I haven't been going out ot the field since August but I'm wondering if the crap I dragged in is still lingering in my apt? I live in a pretty small place (700 sq ft) so its not like my dirty clothes were in another room or downstairs! Thoughts??

Thanks!
    Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread