It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• facial and neck pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2004, 08:20 PM   #1
    geevee624

geevee624 HB User
    facial and neck pain

i was wondering if anyone on the board has facial and neck pain as their main symptoms. I suffer with chronic facial pain, its actually more of a dull ache then pain. Every once in a while like maybe twice a month my allergies will bother more for a few hours. I will sneeze a few times and my nose will be really itchy. I know i have allergies because as a child i suffered more frequent outbreaks but im confused as to whether i should pursue seeing an allergist for my chronic facial and neck pain. I did have a cat scan done of my sinuses which read that i have a small cyst in left spneoid sinus and ostiomeatal units are obstuctive bilaterally. Ive had two doctors read the results and both said my sinuses are fine. ive also read the results to an ent and he said i may benefit from having my sinuses cleaned but there are no guarantees. I don't know what to do. Im also currently in splint therapy for myofacial dysfunction for the past 3 weeks which i spent 2000 dollars on and its not working. sorry for such a long post. any advice will be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 06:15 AM   #2
    chigs489
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chigs489 HB User
    Re: facial and neck pain

I'm not a doctor, but I would say that if there is an obstruction in any of the sinus areas, be it from a cyst, deviated septum, bone pur, polyp, whatever, that obstruction needs to be removed.

I had mine removed, and my breathing is 10 times better, and I'm almost 100%, with almost no sinus symptoms, save for occassional tenderness and a mild headache, most likely post surgical swelling. It's been almost 3 weeks since surgery, and I feel good. I did an intensive full-body work out at the gym last night, and got through it just fine.

A problem with the Spenoid sinus may cause a deep aching on the top of the head, and around the forehead. I'm sure it can cause facial pain. Obstructions can lead to untreatable infections (believe me, I know).

I would talk to your ENT about a surgical correction (BFESS). Too often, doctors are overly cautious about the sinuses, when they need to just get in there and remove the problem. If I had my surgery early on, it would have saved me 3 months of misery.

Closed Thread