It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Mosquito bites

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2004, 09:46 AM   #1
    lavender01
    Veteran
    (female)

lavender01 HB User
    Mosquito bites

I wasn't sure what board to put this under - but this one sounded close. I got mosquito bit yesterday on my leg. Yesterday afternoon I bet the redness was 5 or 6 inches in diameter. Also my wrist got a bite and today my arm feels sore. I must have really had a bad reaction to these bites. I remember when I was younger I got these bites from mosquitos and had big round places later from the bite. Is there anything to do for this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
    DancingDiva
    (female)

DancingDiva HB User
    Re: Mosquito bites

my bug bites don't get that big, but my mom always told me to put calamine lotion or an oil called "tea tree oil" on them...maybe the oil would be good for you cuz my mom said it has a lot of healing capabilities...i don't care much for the smell of it, but it made the bug bites stop itching...i don't know much about it, but maybe it could be somehting for you to look into? just a suggestion...

-nicole

Old 05-18-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
    lhacker
    (male)

lhacker HB User
    Re: Mosquito bites

Are you sure they are mosquito bites?

Here in Arkansas we have nasty little critters called buffalo gnats. They leave very large swollen spots that turn hard after a day or two then last about a week or more, very painful. The little buggers are immune to mosquito sprays and to Deet. Real vanilla extract will keep them off you, but, it attracts bees! I have never found anything that will relieve the pain. I have one on my ear that has not healed after 4 weeks and have 5 on my left arm that are about 2 days old and the pain is miserable

Closed Thread