It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Fall Allergies. How many....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 AM   #1
    twanger
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twanger HB User
    Fall Allergies. How many....

How many of you are suffering from fall allergies?

If you are, what part of the country do you live in? NW,NE,MW,SE,SW?

What are your symptoms?

What do you do to help relieve these symptoms?

Do you experience shortness of breath?

This is the first year that I have had terrible suffering. The symptoms are: stuffy nose, post nasal drip, toothaches, shortness of breath, fatigue, slight cough. I have tried several different drugs: flonase, sudafed, nasal sprays, guifenasin, and on and on. It has not rained here for 6 weeks. I live in the MW. Help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 06:56 PM   #2
    storm12
    (female)

storm12 HB User
    Re: Fall Allergies. How many....

Yes, live in midwest, sneezing, sinus, post nasal drip, headaches, tightness (asthma symptoms), etc. I'm taking flonase, allegra, singular and my regular asthma stuff. I'm also getting allergy shots - which I hope will be helping more this time next year. Fall has been my worst season (although spring is pretty bad) for over 20 years. All I ever wait for is consistantly freezing temperatures. I welcome snow, too.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
    Blondee15
    Veteran

Blondee15 HB User

me=(
    I live in the MW, Chicago specifically.
    My biggest symptoms are shortness of breath, coughing, skin allergies, and ETD symptoms(sinus, ear & throat pressure, pain, swelling), runny nose, itchy eyes.
    I take Flonase, Clarinex, Advair & I have a host of other meds to help in case I need it. Shortness of breath- Xopenex neb & albuterol inhaler, also prednisone if i'm real bad, Coughing- Codeine, Tessalon perles, Skin Allergies-(too many creams to name), ETD- Sudafed Severe Congestion, Benadryl, Runny nose- same, Itchy eyes- also benadryl
    I do get shortness of breath- I have several treatments at home for it. There is pretty much no need for me to go to the hospital unless i'm starting to desaturate. Usually I can self medicate and then follow up w/ doctor.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #4
    Midget
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Midget HB User

Fall wasn't *horrible* for me last year, but it wasn't the best either...:P Now I'm on Claritin and Albuterol Inhaler...and I've been feeling great...winter will be the true test for me to see if this stuff's working or not. :P I live in NW...Oregon...

Old 10-12-2004, 07:48 AM   #5
    twanger
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twanger HB User

Thanks all. I have never suffered this bad but I have had some fall allergies. You all are very reassuring. I didn't know what was going on. I just felt horrible.

For others, how are you doing?

Old 10-12-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

Yes, i am in Texas(dallas area) and have many allergies, dust, molds, pollens, etc.... I take Zyrtec, NasacortAQ, and am on allergy shots.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #7
    Chrislynn

Chrislynn HB User

I live in the Southwest and I have allergies all year but this month they hit hard! My post nasal drip has become very bad and congestion. My b/f also has been battling sinus pain and pressure. I take Benadryl because prescription Zyrtec did nothing for me but I am becoming immuned to Benadryl. I also use Flonase and it helps some but I am still trying to find the right combo of meds and/or herbal remedies to help ease the symptoms or better yet eliminate them. Good luck all in your quest to conquer allergies!!

Last edited by Chrislynn; 10-16-2004 at 10:12 AM.

Closed Thread