It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Eating a 1/2 cup of ground flax seed daily eliminates Flonase use

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
    Rickhard
    Inactive

Rickhard HB User
    Eating a 1/2 cup of ground flax seed daily eliminates Flonase use

Since I started eating a half cup of ground flax seed a day on June 21, 2004 I have all but stopped using my Flonase. I use it occasionally. You are supposed to use it everyday or it's not supposed to work, but it does for me. I've used it only once in the last month. I'm taking no other allergy medicine. The Omega 3s in the flax helps with this. I read a book that said flax and other high Omega 3 foods help your immune system function better. All the sneezing and nasal dripping is an overreaction to the allergens. Flax helps your immune system tell the difference between an allergen and a more serious invasion like a bacteria or virus. It sure is nice not to have so much allergy trouble. I had it chronic for years. I still sneeze sometimes but I know it will not be a full fledged attack. Occasionally, I do have enough irritation that I do use the Flonase. Within minutes the irritation is over. I take two puffs in each nostril. It has helped with asthma, too, another situation where the body overreacts to stimuli. I would never advocate throwing your medicine away. That's not necessary. Flax has not eliminated the problem altogether. One of my allergies is to animal dander and I live with three cats. I'm very impressed with the benefits of flax. It's cheap, 89 cents a pound here in the Portland, Oregon area. I cook it with my oats. I like the blend of the flavors. Flax by itself is not all that tasty. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread