It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• My long battle with Chronic Hives and how I beat it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2005, 06:13 AM   #1
    daylight568
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daylight568 HB User
    My long battle with Chronic Hives and how I beat it

This may or may not be of any help to anyone but I thought I would post it anyway.I battled every single type of hives that was out there.As soon as I fought of one type of hives I would develop another.Since I do not like to take drugs,I fought each and every battle with mostly my mind.I knew my hives were not caused from stress as I could be hive free in the most stressful situations.I knew my hives were not caused from environmental factors as I could have severe outbreaks in the most cleanest and sanitary environments yet be completely hive free in the most dirtiest,moldiet ,and unclean environments.I knew my hives were not caused from foods,except for nuts which is one food that I am allergic to no matter what but has nothing do to with my hives as I did try special diet restrictions and known supplements to help with the hives ,all which proved useless.The only way for me to combat this and get rid of each and every type of outbreak was to fight it off mentally.To completely ignore the hives the itches and without any help of medication and without scratching which was one heck of a battle.Ofcourse once I trained myself to ignore one type of hives ,later on down the road I would develop a knew type thus the mind over body battle would begin all over again.Finally though after 10 years ,I have fought every type of hives out there ,with my mind and now I have been hiveless for a year.There are no more types of hives left for me to battle.It was a long and difficult battle and I went through pure purgatory!But I do believe that for many people with chronic hives the only way they will ever get rid of their hives is to battle them theirselves or they will never rid themselves of them as they will continue to come back to haunt you till you do.This is my experience of ten years in battle.And I will say that once I mentally defeated any one particular form of hives that type did not come back.

Last edited by daylight568; 02-08-2005 at 06:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
    MellyMel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MellyMel HB User
    Re: My long battle with Chronic Hives and how I beat it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsheldon3
    This may or may not be of any help to anyone but I thought I would post it anyway.I battled every single type of hives that was out there.As soon as I fought of one type of hives I would develop another.Since I do not like to take drugs,I fought each and every battle with mostly my mind.I knew my hives were not caused from stress as I could be hive free in the most stressful situations.I knew my hives were not caused from environmental factors as I could have severe outbreaks in the most cleanest and sanitary environments yet be completely hive free in the most dirtiest,moldiet ,and unclean environments.I knew my hives were not caused from foods,except for nuts which is one food that I am allergic to no matter what but has nothing do to with my hives as I did try special diet restrictions and known supplements to help with the hives ,all which proved useless.The only way for me to combat this and get rid of each and every type of outbreak was to fight it off mentally.To completely ignore the hives the itches and without any help of medication and without scratching which was one heck of a battle.Ofcourse once I trained myself to ignore one type of hives ,later on down the road I would develop a knew type thus the mind over body battle would begin all over again.Finally though after 10 years ,I have fought every type of hives out there ,with my mind and now I have been hiveless for a year.There are no more types of hives left for me to battle.It was a long and difficult battle and I went through pure purgatory!But I do believe that for many people with chronic hives the only way they will ever get rid of their hives is to battle them theirselves or they will never rid themselves of them as they will continue to come back to haunt you till you do.This is my experience of ten years in battle.And I will say that once I mentally defeated any one particular form of hives that type did not come back.
    Yay for you! I'm very glad to hear it.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
    Charlie Muffin
    Inactive
    (female)

Charlie Muffin HB User
    Re: My long battle with Chronic Hives and how I beat it

wow that is wild, i can't believe you did that w/ just your mind. because i know when i got hives i scratched like a madwoman. wow i commend you for resisting the scratching and all, and i'm surprise the hives don't come back!

i've been pretty lucky i've only gotten hives a handful of times in my life, but when i did get hives, i sometimes faint, especially when i took a shower.

some of these people, including you that i read about getting hives all the time- man!

but good thing you don't get them anymore!

Closed Thread