It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Chocolate And Hot Weather Helps My Allergies (??) (Go Figure)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
    Charlie Muffin
    Inactive
    (female)

Charlie Muffin HB User
    Cool Chocolate And Hot Weather Helps My Allergies (??) (Go Figure)

Hello

Often times, some chocolate alleviates my allergies. This was a really strange thing I found out by accident. My allergies were bad once, and I just felt like eating chocolate. It made my allergies better, so I did it again, and again. But I don't want to eat a lot of sugar all the time, and I don't do the "chocolate cure" all the time. This is just temporary relief.

Also, I went to Vietnam once for vacation. Stayed there a month. I was truly shocked to find out I never got any allergies, and never needed any medication the whole month I was there. So I am thinking my allergies will tremendously be alleviated if I lived in a tropical place near the equator? I think it's because of the heat and humid air? A place like Florida might work? Also in general, I get way less allergies in hot weather. I always have heater blasting in my room because I get cold in 75 degree weather lol.

For those of you that suffer from allergies, hope it gets better!

I know it's tough, I read so many allergy stories out there

Please let me know if chocolate temporarily relieves your allergies, because I am very curious if it's just me, or if in fact chocolate has some medicinal quality to it.

Also I am also curious about another thing: For those of you that get allergy attacks, do you feel "the JITTERS" throughout your body, face, and nose, when you get allergy attacks? Or is it just me? It's hard to describe this feeling, my body feels like it's having seizures inside. It feels as though the molecules in my body are ramming into one another and racing at 100 mph. I feel like a cigarette addict that needs a smoke BAD. Is it just me, or do you guys get the "allergy Jitters" too, during allergy attacks??

This is some of the things I feel like during allergy attacks:

Thanks,
    Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Muffin; 02-24-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 12:38 AM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: Chocolate And Hot Weather Helps My Allergies (??) (Go Figure)

I just read somewhere that magnesium is supposed to help allergies and PMS and as it turns out chocolate is high in magnesium, so perhaps that is why it helps you. I have started taking a multi with magnesium and I do think it is helping.

Honestly, anytime you leave a country and go to another with different plants it helps allergies. I had the same experience going to Europe years ago.

Closed Thread