It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• allergy shots question?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
    DreaC11

DreaC11 HB User
    allergy shots question?

This fall I, for a reason still unbeknownst to me, spontaneously became allergic to everything (I think it probaly had something to do with moving into a new apartment, though.) That is everything they pricked me for, I welted up, including a bunch of foods. My allergy symptoms in terms of itchy eyes, stuffy nose, etc. are pretty much under control with flonase, clarinex and astelin, but I suffer from this awful foggy, disconnected feeling. It is almost like I took a sleeping pill and cannot quite pull out of the spacy/dream like state they put you in. I've been on a number of strong antibiotics for a possible sinus infection (as people with sinus infections often complain of these symptoms) and had a CT scan. All checks out well. I have seen two neurologists, two allergists, an ENT and a psychiatrst. I am pretty sure that whatever it is, this condition is allergy related, as it started up when I developed all these new allergies. So my question was whether allergy shots seem like a good idea. My cousin had allergy shots and they completly changed his life. I guess I am just looking for some other sucess stories. People who felt dizzy, got shots, aren't dizzy anymore.

Also, how long can I expect to wait before the take effect? What are the odds they won't do a thing for me? What if I am allergic to something they didn't test me for and therefore don't recieve the benifit of shots because I am not being injected with the culprit allergen? Do they work for food allergies?

Any info, stories, guidance is much appreciated
    A

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
    deena1168
    (female)

deena1168 HB User
    Re: allergy shots question?

Hi Drea,
    Hope you are having a Happy Easter. I'm not sure about the allergy shots, but am concerned about them too. I feel that allergies are alot to do with my weird feelings. (dizzy, foggy head, etc....) Whatever causes these crazy feelings, are happening to alot of us on here..........we just need someone to find the cause, and find something that helps............im tired of feeling like this myself, and i'm sure everyone else is too. I can't enjoy anything anymore. Keep me informed of how you are doing.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: allergy shots question?

Allergy shots changed my life also. I still have to take meds and a few weeks in the spring I'm still a little run down, but I function like a normal person again! But I must warn you they do take a while to take effect so please be patient.

Closed Thread