It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Simply Saline Nasal Mist

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
    Rain820
    (female)

Rain820 HB User
    Simply Saline Nasal Mist

Hey all...I've been having a horrible few weeks with my sinsues. I've been taking all my allergy medicine, plus Tylenol Sinus just about every day because my head has been killing me. I decided to try this stuff, Simply Saline, which is basically a mist that just cleans out the sinuses of junk.

I used it a few times, and I have to say, it does seem to make things feel a bit more open and "cleaner" up there. Basically what I do is tilt my head over the sink, do a spray in that nostril, then the other. Then I blow my nose a bit to clear it all out. However, just now I got home from work and did it, and when I blew my nose it was red. Naturally, I panicked. Does that sound like something that should happen? I am figuring I have a bad case of sinusitis, so is that consisent with that? I have an appointment with my allergist on Monday but I'm wondering if I should go sooner since this happened. Or, does it seem like it's just part of what's stuffing up my sinuses and I should just keep flushing it it out daily? There is no blood in the sense like, a bloody nose at random. It was just when I used the rinse and blew my nose a little.

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
    cs1992
    (male)

cs1992 HB User
    Re: Simply Saline Nasal Mist

Probably just irritated the mucous membranes in your nasal passages. I know someone who is having horrible nosebleeds right now due to allergies, so I would assume that saline could cause some bleeding as well.

Old 04-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
    santo
    (female)

santo HB User

it sounds like irritation or maybe you are just dry. i would keep dehydrated and then if it happens again, discontinue the simply saline until you see your allergist.

Old 04-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
    Rain820
    (female)

Rain820 HB User

Hey folks...thanks for the replies.

I actually have not seen any more blood the next couple of times I did the saline rinse sinse that day, so I'm thinking you are both right (hopefully). I just got a little concerned, as is usually the case with me these days.

I'm going to see the allergiest Monday anyway, so I will mention it to him.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread