It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• can allergies cause head noises?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #1
    quoting
    Inactive
    (male)

quoting HB User
    can allergies cause head noises?

I went to the doctor because I was having pains in the back of my head. It sounds like Rice Crispys crackling in the back of my head. The nurse said allergies can make them sounds. I have never had allergies to my knowledge . I am now taking Zerytec. Has anybody had cracking sounds in the back of their head do to allergies?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: can allergies cause head noises?

my ears crackle sometimes. But the sound is definitely in my ears. I wouldn't say it was in the back of my head, though I DO get headaches back there sometimes.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
    HELLASRULES
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

The only crackling sounds in the back of my head originate from my neck. Does it only do it when you turn your head to either side? That's when my does it, and it is from the neck, not allergies.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #4
    econnergya
    (male)

econnergya HB User

are pains in the neck related to sinuses

Old 06-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #5
    quoting
    Inactive
    (male)

quoting HB User

Thanks for the replys. The sounds do sometimes come without moving my head. I have never had problems with allergies or sinues before. So it was suprising when he gave me Zyrtec. I just started to take it today. Hopefully it will help a little, if not I will probably do some testing or something to try to find out what it is.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
    Midget
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Midget HB User

The only crackling, popping wierd noises I hear are from my ears from time to time. Are you sure it's not your ears?

Old 06-07-2005, 07:15 AM   #7
    quoting
    Inactive
    (male)

quoting HB User

Thats what my parnets thought. I asked him to clean my ears out and he said they didnt need cleaning. Its doing it right know. If I look over to teh right or left it will be a click or pop in the middle back of my head.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #8
    Midget
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Midget HB User

So they didn't say anything about fluid in your ears or anything?

Old 06-09-2005, 07:34 AM   #9
    quoting
    Inactive
    (male)

quoting HB User

No, he said my ears where fine. I thought that was what was causing the pops in my head. He said it wasn't. I had weird things happen to me yesterday. I was driving to school and my left side of my face started to hurt. It didnt last very long, but it has never done that before. And later in the day my fingers on my left hand hurt on and off just about all day. I posted and asked if mabey Zyrtec could do this because I just started to take it and mabey side effects could have done it. But I still have the pops in my head, but knock on wood it hasent happened today.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:49 PM   #10
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

Quoting,

How are you feeling? Did you ever get any answers on your problem?

Old 07-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #11
    abdalllaaalllaa
    (female)

abdalllaaalllaa HB User

I think I have the exact same thing... I also have the popping in the ears and can hear the cracking and popping more when I turn my head from side to side. I also was given Zyrtec. I was also having severe ear itching. I took the medication for almost a month and the symptoms went away and when I stopped taking the medication, the syptoms came back. I had some allegra so I took that and the syptoms go away but about 20-24 hrs later I can feel the fluid back in my ears and I have to take another allegra. I do not like to take medication but it seems to be the only thing working...does anyone have any advice??? Did you get your problem taken care of? Are you feeling better??

Closed Thread