It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• how often do you get shots??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
    deena1168
    (female)

deena1168 HB User
    Question how often do you get shots??

Hi everyone!! THis is a question for all who get allergy shots. How often do you get them?? I went for my first one yesterday, and he said if I "felt" like I needed another one, to come back in about 3 weeks.........and then I probably wouldn't need another for about 3 months. Thanks for any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User
    Re: how often do you get shots??

Hi Deena-
    I get my shot once every week. I'll be doing that for a year, then I see my doctor again to talk about if they are helping me or not. If they are, then I think we go to once a month.

schao

Old 06-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Interesting...every time I've been on them (3 times in my life) it was a 5 year plan. I got four shots a week till I reached maintenance and then it was 2 every four weeks...which is where I am now. I get to quit them in December! YEA!

Old 06-16-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
    kehorner
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Are you sure that you are getting allergy shots as in allergy immunotherapy? There is a drug called xolair that is injected... Usually allergy shots are given at least once a week with gradually increasing dosage until you get to the maintenance dose, at which point you can go up to four weeks between shots. So I'm not sure what you're getting. I get my shots once a week.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:24 AM   #5
    deena1168
    (female)

deena1168 HB User

No, I'm not sure...............I just figured thats what I was getting. He done a weird test on me to begin with, and told me I had allergies and what to, and said he was going to give me a shot and then told me about when to come back and said with this shot alot of people can quit taking their antihistimine, but to continue with mine until we seen how I done with it. I think I will call and find out.......ty for the info.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #6
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

I answered your other post, but I agree it sounds like maybe you got a Xolair shot. LEt us know, and if it is Xolair how it is working.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #7
    Flash52

Flash52 HB User

I have been taking allergy shots once a week for over a year. Besides allergies they also help with an inner ear problem I have.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #8
    NicoleMM
    (female)

NicoleMM HB User

I get two shots once a week and have been doing so for 17 years. They really help me!

Old 06-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #9
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

I forgot to add that I get my shots once a week also.

Old 06-18-2005, 06:10 AM   #10
    deena1168
    (female)

deena1168 HB User

Hi everyone and ty again for the replies...........I found out the shot I got was celestone (not sure of the spelling)........but its more less a steroid shot. He said he likes to try that first cause it does help some people. He said I had lots of inflammation and its most likely because of allergies. If this doesn't help me, we will go for the allergy shots. I do seem to be a little better, but not quite sure if its the shot, or just that the pollen levels are down a little. I'm getting another shot in 3 weeks though, and hopefully i'll be able to tell a difference then. I didn't know allergies could really take over your life, especially if you have inner ear problems too, but gosh, they can. I haven't felt like myself since Nov. 04, and i'm so ready to get back to myself. Do your allergy shots help alot?? What were your symptoms before you started them? Flash52....what kind of inner ear problem do you have?? Glad the shots help with that too..............have a great weekend everyone. Deena

Closed Thread