It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Cat allergy causing aches & pains?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
    Chachade
    (female)

Chachade HB User
    Cat allergy causing aches & pains?

I'm glad I found this sight! I don't know much about allergies and have not been tested - I don't know if I need to be. Last November we adopted an indoor cat and our entire family has been dealing with sinus and ear infections, as well as cold and flu symptoms ever since. At one time or another since mid-December two or more of us have been sick. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or if it's possible that we all have an allergy to the cat. All of the illness made sense during cold/flu season, but we're in mid-June now and we're all sick again. The main symptons each time are extremely runny nose, sore throught, sometimes a cough, and a lot of aches and pains with an occasional fever. Are these cat allergies or do we all have extremely weak immune systems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
    daystar91
    Inactive
    (female)

daystar91 HB User
    Re: Cat allergy causing aches & pains?

Hi,
    My 13 year old son is allergic to cats...He begins to have a stuffy nose, runny nose, kind of like sinus pressure, with like a headache and his eyes flare up(itchy,watery)...I recently just took my son to an allergist to find out he is allergic to alot of things so it could be many things in your household...The only way to narrow it down would be to go and have the test done...I think if you were allergic to your cat it would affect you all the time not part of the year...My son has these reactions right away from the time he is around the cat and even when he leaves any ones house with cats it takes him a few hours to recover or more...

Old 06-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #3
    daystar91
    Inactive
    (female)

daystar91 HB User

Hi again,
    You mention that your family is sick again in June...Both my boys have allergy problems and this is one of their worst months with all the outdoor stuff from grass, pollen, crabgrass,and so on...You probbly should be tested that's the only way you will be for sure to know what is causing this problem...It could be a mixture of both allergies and colds...

Old 06-17-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

It would be strange for your entire family to suddenly all be allergic. And fever is not usally an allergy symptom.

Closed Thread