It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Allergic to Yeast

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
    cubbiejr
    (male)

cubbiejr HB User
    Allergic to Yeast

Hi Everybody
    Im allergic to yeast and a few other outside allergies and getting allergy shot for the outside one and not getting treated for yeast do they make an allergy shot for yeast? My doctor made it sound like there was no treatment for yeast anybody else out there allergic to yeast and getting treated for it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: Allergic to Yeast

Sorry, but I don't think there are any shots for food allergies.

Old 08-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
    smc612
    (male)

smc612 HB User

i have multiple food allergies. yeast being one of them. i had to stop eating all yeast products. lost weight really quickly and felt great after about 5 days. also used a probiotic to get it out of my colon. also stopped eating all sugar. they do sell bread that is yeast free. recently i started to slip a little with regular bread. started to gain weight immediately and felt lousy. stopped it again and within a week am back to feeling great.there is no other treatment for food allergies.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
    cubbiejr
    (male)

cubbiejr HB User

Angel54,
    What kind of reaction did you have to the yeast? I get stomach bloating and I think it is affecting my hearing/ringing in the ears. Had a food allergy test and I am not allergic to anything else.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #5
    smc612
    (male)

smc612 HB User

cubbiejr---i felt lethargic all the time. gained alot of weight,was bloated all the time, gastointestinal distress(heartburn,reflux,nausea,) all i did was eliminated yeast and sugar and worked like a dream for me. good thing i did, ended up with diabetes a couple of years later so i can't eat the junk or the white bread anymore anyway.also had a lot of aches and pains that there was no medical reason for.

Old 08-18-2005, 06:32 AM   #6
    cubbiejr
    (male)

cubbiejr HB User

thanks for responding know how you feel in that situation now

Old 08-18-2005, 07:29 AM   #7
    ratboy83
    Inactive
    (male)

ratboy83 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by angel54
    cubbiejr---i felt lethargic all the time. gained alot of weight,was bloated all the time, gastointestinal distress(heartburn,reflux,nausea,) all i did was eliminated yeast and sugar and worked like a dream for me. good thing i did, ended up with diabetes a couple of years later so i can't eat the junk or the white bread anymore anyway.also had a lot of aches and pains that there was no medical reason for.
    can you be tested for yeast allergies on a food intolerance test?

alex.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:23 PM   #8
    cubbiejr
    (male)

cubbiejr HB User

I was told there isnt a yeast test in a food allergy test

Old 08-20-2005, 01:07 AM   #9
    spriggy
    (female)

spriggy HB User

I had just the allergy test and they tested me for "candida" (yeast) with outdoor allergies. I am not sure why that one was included with all the outdoor stuff but it was in the same catagory as the molds.

I showed a very severe reaction to candida- which didn't surprise me considering I have chronic yeast infections and thrush.

I just started taking Nystatin (anti fungal) and Probiotics. I am eating a lot of yogurt and need to start on a yeast/sugar free diet as well.

I have no clue where to start- you take out yeast and sugar, and you can only eat green beans. ROFL

Old 08-20-2005, 08:11 AM   #10
    cubbiejr
    (male)

cubbiejr HB User

Yeah I was tested for yeast also with the outdoor test same thing came back positive for it but said I wasnt allergic enough for me to get a treatment test came back #9anything I eat with little yeast or anything my ears plug up and cant hear that well with the damn ringing its very annoying been going on for almost 4 months now nurse said I should be able to consume yeast with foods yeah right

Old 08-20-2005, 11:22 AM   #11
    spriggy
    (female)

spriggy HB User

cubbiejr,
    It sounds like you have a candida problem ( I have it too). Have you tried antifungal therapy and probiotics?

It's a pain to have candida overgrowth- you have to avoid sooo many foods. I have been awful sick this year- they thought I had lupus at one point, MS, etc...

I think it's all related to my candida and allergies.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #12
    Meirra
    (female)

Meirra HB User

I was tested for yeast and am also allergic. My allergy doc has given me 'yeast drops' that I use three to four times a week. Two drops under my tongue and it has helped with my allergy. It's not perfect but I am able to have a beer or two and eat bread without nasal reactions. Before I got treatment my nose would almost immediately become stopped up and I would get severe headaches.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #13
    Riffel
    (female)

Riffel HB User

Hello all, I am also allergic to yeast and getting very frustrated! I was diagnosed with this allergy approx one year ago after winding up in the er with an extreme allergic reaction. Afterwards, I went to the allergist and through testing found out that yeast was the cause. The reason why I get upset is because the allergist only suggested that I stay away from yeast ( not eliminate it) and take an anti-histimine. I have also been diagnosed with chronic eczema and only through recent research on my own have discovered that this allergy to yeast can cause eczema as well as stomache problems, migranes, fatigue and depression. I am trying to figure out a way to eliminate yeast from my diet so that I can get rid of this eczema as well as stomache problems, but I can't find a solid list of foods containing yeast and it's yeast content. I am only 21 and have severe eczema and I'm tired of it! I take Zyrtec and I have topical steriods but this has not stopped my frequent trips to the er to recieve steriod shots where I am told that it's just an allergic reaction to the yeast along with my eczema. Anyways, I am very tired of the strict skin regimine that I am on and thought after my recent research that eliminating yeast may help out some. If you have any suggestions I would be very appreciative, I am getting close to the end of my rope. Thank you.

Closed Thread