It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• what helps your foggy head??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
    feel_bad_2_much
    (female)

feel_bad_2_much HB User
    Question what helps your foggy head??

Just curious...........to what helps, if anything. That seems to be my main problem right now......................and I would like it to go away. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: what helps your foggy head??

Nasal irrigations plus, Flonase, Nasalcrom, and zyrtec. And when it gets really bad, advil. Even if I don't have a headache, the advil seems to help.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
    feel_bad_2_much
    (female)

feel_bad_2_much HB User

thanks sneezydiva............im taking allegra.............daily..........the dr. also gave me singulair and told me to take it at night, but to be honest, i looked at the side effects, and decided against it. I want to try zyrtec, maybe it's better than allegra. Its more of the foggy feeling now, but occasionaly, i'll get a lightheaded feeling. I'm draining BIG TIME ..........so hopefully, the head thing will get better, when this stops. I've had the foggy head before, but now, it won't go away. Geez...........seems like its always something. Hope you are doing ok.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
    Cut-Throat
    (male)

Cut-Throat HB User

Try Chlorotrimeton. It's the most effective for the lightheaded symptoms. It's OTC and safe.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:56 PM   #5
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

I take singulair also, almost forgot about that. It definitely helps. I've had no side effects that I know of, though I know many people do, especially kids.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #6
    Twinklez81
    (female)

Twinklez81 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneezydiva
    Nasal irrigations plus, Flonase, Nasalcrom, and zyrtec. And when it gets really bad, advil. Even if I don't have a headache, the advil seems to help.
    i have a neti pot and i can't seem to get use to using it. it feels so strange and i always end up tilting my head too far and the water goes up in my sinus cavity and it hurts like heck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #7
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

Hmm it shouldn't hurt. How are you making your saltwater solution? Perhaps you are making it too strong, and it is irritating the tissues in your sinuses. Too little salt will feel very uncomfortable also. Most doctors reccomend 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda for evry 8 oz of water.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:34 AM   #8
    Twinklez81
    (female)

Twinklez81 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneezydiva
    Hmm it shouldn't hurt. How are you making your saltwater solution? Perhaps you are making it too strong, and it is irritating the tissues in your sinuses. Too little salt will feel very uncomfortable also. Most doctors reccomend 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda for evry 8 oz of water.
    i don't know because i followed the instructions on how to do it and when i did it the first time, i got the right nostral right and afterwards i felt great, but then i did the left nostral and that's when i tilted my head too far over and it went straight up in my nose, i think its more psychological than anything. sometimes i put the thing in my nose and punk out. its the same with swimming, i can't stand water in my nose LOL

im going to try and try again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread