It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Fever w/ allergies?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
    angelavan
    (female)

angelavan HB User
    Question Fever w/ allergies?

Wondering if anyone has any of these symptomes. It started in Nov here in NW Arkansas w/ low grade fever, very fatigued, ears full, dizziness, sinus drainage, ears hurt or itch, eyes red & watery. By Jan I had a full blown sinus infection was on a months supply of antibiotics went to the ENT diag w/ Chronic sinus infection. Got over the infection but still have the symptomes. I have never not gotten over a sinus infection. Wondering about going to a allergist to be tested. Have also been reading up on chronic fatigue syndrome. Going on 6 months of being really tired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
    osmonxp
    (male)

osmonxp HB User
    Re: Fever w/ allergies?

Did you experience any other health problems before November? Yeast infections or anything like that? What antibiotics did you take?

Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
    angelavan
    (female)

angelavan HB User

No other illnesses before Nov, my mother-in-law died in July after 6 yrs battle w/ cancer. I was on 3 wks of amoxicillin and then a wk of something eles because I was not getting better, but I do not remember the name of it. I did have problems w/ yeast after the antibiotics. I have seen an herbalist and he said something about allergies to cedar.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
    osmonxp
    (male)

osmonxp HB User

The symptoms you described are typical of a candida overgrowth which is very common after being on antibiotics for a long period of time.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

Do you still have the fever? If so, it sounds like sinusitis. But it could be that you have allergies, and that's why you keep getting the sinus infections. I wuld go back to the ENT and tell him you aren't feeling better and remind him how long it has been. (Sometimes they forget, they don't realize how much time has truely passed) A CT scan of the sinuses or allergy testing might be in order.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #6
    Icky_Metal
    (male)

Icky_Metal HB User

I have the EXACT same problem. Developed the same way and is still on-going. There appears to be a fine line b/w CFS and allergies. I've had CT scans, MRIs of the brain, allergy testing, and blood work done. The CT scan came back normal (with minor mucosal thickening). The MRI was also normal, no leisons that are typically assocated with CFS. The blood work came back relatively normal -- CBC, natural killer cell function and quantity, were all normal and there were no active viruses. The only thing that came back strange was a high CD8 count, which lowered the CD4/CD8 ratio. A high CD4/CD8 ratio is indicative of CFS. Finally, I have bad allergies to cedar, other trees, mold, grass and weeds. It appears that my symptoms are associated with allergies and nothing more.

I'm telling you all this to comfort you that it's possibly just allergies. And if you want to try to cross CFS off the list, it's likely to be expensive. I'd recommend getting a CT scan done and if it's negative, go see an allergist.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

I forgot to add, you can have a slight fever with allergies. That's how it got the name hayfever way back when.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #8
    angelavan
    (female)

angelavan HB User

I did have a CT and it was normal. Just called the ENT and I go see the allergist 3/28 for test, so hopefully I'm allergic to something and will be able to get on some meds for them. Thanks ya'll for all the advice and support.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
    Icky_Metal
    (male)

Icky_Metal HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneezydiva
    I forgot to add, you can have a slight fever with allergies. That's how it got the name hayfever way back when.

Indeed, I actually don't get a fever, but feel feverish. I irrigate with saline solution and it helps quite a bit.

Closed Thread