It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• seasonal allergies & dizziness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
    jennazer
    (female)

jennazer HB User
    seasonal allergies & dizziness

I have a question. I suffer pretty badly from spring allergies. Since late February, like every year, I started getting a bit dizzy, not as if the room is spinning, but a bit off balance. I Told my doctor, had a CT scan of my head and sinuses, all clear. I notice when the dizziness is around my nose is blocked and my head feels like a bowling ball, but doctors keep telling me that dizziness and allergies even when your head is full do not go hand in hand. So am I crazy? Every allergy season this happens, the dizziness along with the start off the season until I can get meds. I have asked some other people and they say that they get dizzy as well with allergies, but the docs keep saying no. Help! Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
    osmonxp
    (male)

osmonxp HB User
    Re: seasonal allergies & dizziness

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jennazer
    So am I crazy? Every allergy season this happens, the dizziness along with the start off the season until I can get meds. I have asked some other people and they say that they get dizzy as well with allergies, but the docs keep saying no. Help! Thanks.
    You're not crazy, The ear-allergy connection is well known to most ear, nose and throat doctors (ENTs). Some ear-allergy problems are common. Severe nasal allergies can cause eustachian-tube dysfunction, which in turn may cause a variety of ear symptoms, such as recurrent infection, ear pressure, decreased hearing, tinnitus (ringing in the ear) and even vertigo (dizziness). Nasal allergy and food allergy can, on occasion, trigger symptoms reminiscent of Meniere's disease: ear pressure, tinnitus, hearing loss and vertigo.

I suffer from dizzines during spring due to allergies.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
    knk63
    (female)

knk63 HB User

absolutely dizziness is a symtom of allergy! you need to find new doctors!!! any ent worth his salt knows this....

Old 03-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
    storm12
    (female)

storm12 HB User

I have dizziness, too - vertigo, actually, and I have medication for this. But it is the worst in the spring and the fall for me.

Closed Thread