It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• itcy bumps on hands, ears and nose

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
    BlueSteam
    Veteran
    (female)

BlueSteam HB User
    Question itcy bumps on hands, ears and nose

Two weeks ago my hands, ears and nose broke out with little, itchy bumps. I thought is was from some sanding I had done in my kitchen, but it's not going away. I did start taking a medication a month and a half ago. Does any one think it could be related? I have taken benadryl and used itch creams but nothing is helping. I would have thought that if it was from the med that I would have had a problem a long time ago. The mess from the sanding has been long cleaned up and I haven't brought anything else new into the house. Any thoughts please?? I feel like I'm ready to go crazy and these bumps are so annoying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: itcy bumps on hands, ears and nose

Yes I would check the possible side effects of your new medicine and call your doctor. Sometimes it takes awhile for the side effects to present themselves.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
    BlueSteam
    Veteran
    (female)

BlueSteam HB User

Thanks, I think they may be starting to clear up, but it's hard to tell. I am going to call and see if I call get an appt. today. I spent a couple hours on the internet yesterday checking out the side effects of my med (topamax--for nerve damage, headaches) and could not find anything regarding these bumps. I've had plenty of other tolerable side effects. My nose and ears are sooo red. I finally applied vitamin E last night. I am still thinking it was from sanding. Now I don't see how I'll ever be able to do my bathroom. darn.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:18 AM   #4
    mkf
    Veteran
    (female)

mkf HB User

topamax can cause itching but it generally goes away within a week or two. if it's continuing to be a problem you may need to try a different med

Old 05-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
    BlueSteam
    Veteran
    (female)

BlueSteam HB User

I've been on the topamax for nearly two months now did not have any itching in the beginning at all. Just the tingling, sleepiness and confusion that seems to go with it. I am at 100 mg's and I have tried to go off of it and within the first day my nerve related headaches came right back. (I backed off only 25 mg's)The very first day I did the sanding is when the bumps showed up. I also remembered using a new cleaner inside my truck on the dashboard too. I was unable to get into my dr. so we will attempt that again tomarrow. The bumps have gone down just a little, but not very much. It sure doesn't seem to matter what I put on them either. I am trying to take benadryl but I get sooo sleepy between the two meds. Thanks for the replies!

Closed Thread