It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Question on Hives due to allergy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
    hankshobby
    (female)

hankshobby HB User
    Question Question on Hives due to allergy

Does anyone know how long a reaction to frontline plus lasts? I did not get hives and angiodema from applying this to my dogs, but from their hair. At first my feet and hands had deep hives and I had hives all over my body.
    I would not get the hives on my feet if I kept shoes on when walking on the carpet. When my dog would rub against my leg I would break out in hives.
    It has been over 3 months now. The hives are not as sever, but still come about every other day. I am trying to wean myself off allegra. I am taking claritan 1 every other day.
    I know the product says it will kill fleas for 3 months and will not come off with water. The doctor didn't seem to think this was a reaction to frontline Plus and did a CBC. My blood came back fine. I just think it is odd that after I applied this to my dogs, and they live in the house. A German Shepard and A Brittany Spanial. That the hives started the next day. And I could not walk on the carpet without hives and swelling of my feet. I was fine when I worked outside.
    I am just wanting to find light at the end of this tunnel. The Dr. sure doesn't seem to help. I just feel embarased asking him any more. I feel he thinks it is all in my head.
    Thanks again, Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User
    Re: Question on Hives due to allergy

I remember you, I had the same reaction to Frontline, but it was a relative's cat, so I'm not exposed to it daily. Have you tried repeatedly bathing the dogs and getting the carpets/upholstery cleaned?

Doctors are jerks. I'm sure you wouldn't want to put yourself through this, but I bet if you brought some in and applied it to your skin in front of him he'd change his tune! But regardless, I would tell him, "look if I'm getting hives daily I'm allergic to something, maybe it's the frontline, maybe it's something else entirely, but it's been going on 3 months and that is too long. Therefore I want I referral to an allergist."

Last edited by sneezydiva; 08-16-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Closed Thread