It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Itchy Ear Problem

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-30-2006, 05:52 AM   #1
    Viclyn
    (female)

Viclyn HB User
    Itchy Ear Problem

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? Most days my ears will itch so bad I can't stand it. I don't put anything in them but I feel like I can't reach in there far enough with my fingers to relieve it. It drives me crazy! Sometimes I feel like they might have a little wetness in them but nothing draining out. Does this sound like some kind of allergy? It is bad for a couple of weeks and then I don't notice it for awhile and then it's back again. Any comments would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
    Mandarra
    (female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User
    Re: Itchy Ear Problem

I have this same problem for years. It's awful, it wakes me up at night, sometimes I stick my finger in my ears and itch them so much that they get a fungal infection. I do put cortisone cream in them, not too far in them, and this is the only thing that relieves it. The doctor didn't prescribe this, I just do it, I try not to put it too often. I don't know if it's an allergy. Antihistamines do not help this itch. I also get it for weeks at a time, then nothing for weeks. I glad to know I'm not the only one.
    Mary

Old 08-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
    Viclyn
    (female)

Viclyn HB User

My Dr. prescribed me some kind of eardrops but I really haven't noticed too much of a difference. I will try the cortisone cream. I too got a "staff" infection by scratching the inside of my ear with my fingernail I guess there are worse things.
    Vickie

Old 09-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
    moira74
    (female)

moira74 HB User

I get this and also often combined with an itchy roof of my mouth. This is down to allergies for me its especially common for me to get in summer as part of hayfever. I have antihistamines that I take daily so even though I get symptoms they are not too severe just a bit annoying.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
    purplediamond
    (female)

purplediamond HB User

Alas! The reason why I see people, after sneeze attacks, poke at their ears like crazy!!!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
    Zeethan

Zeethan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moira74
    I get this and also often combined with an itchy roof of my mouth. This is down to allergies for me its especially common for me to get in summer as part of hayfever. I have antihistamines that I take daily so even though I get symptoms they are not too severe just a bit annoying.
    Me too. Only I'm really bad, I stick a bobby pin in my ear and have a party. I also make that horrible sound like a cat hacking something up to relieve the tickle/itch in my palate. I don't find taking allergy meds helps though. I'm on Singulair and Flonase, skipped the Claritin cause it made me shaky. My nose is clear now, probably the Flonase along with quitting smoking.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

when mine get itchy, I soak a Q-tip in hydrogen peroxide and clean out my ear with it.. it helps reduce the itching.. when I was younger and in school I would use the sharp part of the pen cap.. probably not the smartest thing in the world but it worked! lol!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:18 AM   #8
    missshel

missshel HB User
    Exclamation Itchy Ear Problem!!!!! help

ME TOO, lately the inside of my ears ESPECIALLY my left ear inside has been itching so bad that it too wakes me up dureing the middle of the night and I have to ITCH ITCH ITCH it, I take bobby pins to itch it, and im afraid im itching it to hard and then it plugs up a bit. Its even itching RIGHT NOW even after i itch it with a bobby pin help what can I do??? i dont wanna go DEAF or go see a doctor i have no time!

Old 09-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #9
    nanna_T
    (female)

nanna_T HB User

Hi all, I have suffered with itchy ears for 15 years now together with numerous inner ear infections and blocked ears due to the itch/scratch/infection cycle. My best advice to all of you is don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ears. Unfortunately, I don't take my own advice. After years of Doctors giving me eardrops that made the problem worse, I have at last been given some drops that actually work. They are called Otocomb*otic ear drops. I am panicking at the moment because I am almost out of them and my ears know it, they are itching like crazy.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
    rush_rulz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rush_rulz HB User

I've got itchy ears a lot, too!! Nice to see I am not the only one. I usually just move a Q tip around gently , mind you...

But it really sucks and at times I will feel a wetness coming from mine too almost as if water were slowly draining out of them, yet when dr's check them they say they are "clean" so I have no idea what I feel moving in there.

Closed Thread