HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Allergies (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/)
-   -   Anyone else-- do seasonal allergies make you feel generally "sick"? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/434007-anyone-else-do-seasonal-allergies-make-you-feel-generally-sick.html)

de49152 10-03-2006 08:37 AM

Anyone else-- do seasonal allergies make you feel generally "sick"?

I've had the following symptoms since beginning of September, and I just want to know if anyone else gets this way just from seasonal allergies.

- Stuffy nose
- Sinus pressure
- Clear mucous
- Post nasal drip
- Light headed
- Fatigue
- Nervous/restless
- Achy joints/muscles
- General "sick" feeling but no fever

I went to the doc and tried an antibiotic for possible sinus infection, but didn't improve. Going back to do some routine blood tests, including autoimmunity and allergy RAST. This has happened to me before and it went away. IIRC it was this same time of year, so I believe it might be fall allergies. OTC allergy meds don't help much, except for Sudafed. Mild exercise makes it feel better for a little while.

eloise_girl24 10-03-2006 10:59 AM

Re: Anyone else-- do seasonal allergies make you feel generally "sick"?

yup, im in the same boat. i have been having a stuffy nose/sinus thing for over a month now. im on my 5th day of zpack and i still dont feel good. im going to have to go back to the doc. but yes to answer your question. i feel generally sick from my allergies. it sucks. ive recently talked to a lot of people who feel this way too. im really fatigued too. i feel like im taking naps all the time.

de49152 10-03-2006 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=eloise_girl24]yup, im in the same boat.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy, but glad I am not alone ;)

After reading several other people here mention Chlor-Trimeton, I decided to pick some up, and took it a couple hours ago. I feel remarkably better already, though a little drowsy (as expected). BUT I prefer drowsy to nervous, achy and stuffy! I like this better than benadryl. Hopefully this will get me through the season.

-Dan

sneezydiva 10-03-2006 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=de49152]I've had the following symptoms since beginning of September, and I just want to know if anyone else gets this way just from seasonal allergies.

- Stuffy nose
- Sinus pressure
- Clear mucous
- Post nasal drip
- Light headed
- Fatigue
- Nervous/restless
- Achy joints/muscles
- General "sick" feeling but no fever

I went to the doc and tried an antibiotic for possible sinus infection, but didn't improve. Going back to do some routine blood tests, including autoimmunity and allergy RAST. This has happened to me before and it went away. IIRC it was this same time of year, so I believe it might be fall allergies. OTC allergy meds don't help much, except for Sudafed. Mild exercise makes it feel better for a little while.[/QUOTE]

Yes, these are all allergy stmptoms, and it sounds like your allergies are pretty severe.

de49152 10-04-2006 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=sneezydiva]Yes, these are all allergy stmptoms, and it sounds like your allergies are pretty severe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming. Why have I been to two doctors that both said "No, airborne allergies cause runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing." And then they go on to tell me I have a virus or infection. Frustrating!