It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Allergic to smell of portable 'Car Heater/Defroster'

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
    Amanda06
    (female)

Amanda06 HB User
    Allergic to smell of portable 'Car Heater/Defroster'

Hi:
    I purchased 'Car Heater/Defroster' which I found over the Internet, before X-mas.

Right after an arrival of Car heater, I tested, ... inserted it into the 'cigarette ligher'/12 Volt. It worked OK, even though noise from 'Car Heater/Defroster' got me irritated, but never made me sick at this point.

However, after having used it for about 10 minutes inside the car, I started to dizzy, nauseous and light-headed feeling. At this moment, I went inside the house with dizziness in progress.

I immediately laid down on the counch, as thinking that I got a touch of cold, but dizziness along with nausea started, like waves in the ocean, that scared me to the death. Luckily, after a rest of 30-45 minutes on the couch. I managed to stand up and able to walk to the bathroom. At the Bathroom, I vomitted in the toilet. Afterwards, I still did not feel myself, ... like needed to walk step by step, as if I'm a really sick person.

After this incident, I contacted the seller who told me the item was not-returnable and suggested me to let it sit for few days outside with a lot of sunshine so that smell of Car-Heater goes away. But, I haven't used it since because of this 'terrified' experience.

Does any of you have experience as to sensitivity to smell or other odor?

If does, is there any 'remedy' on this, sensitivity to certain smell or odor?

Thanks for any imputs on this regard.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
    Midget
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Midget HB User
    Re: Allergic to smell of portable 'Car Heater/Defroster'

If possible, try to let it run outside of the car, in the fresh air. Maybe airing it out would help get rid of whatever is causing your symptoms.

Closed Thread