It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Sahara Dust Cloud over Puerto Rico

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
    Post Sahara Dust Cloud over Puerto Rico

Hi, Puerto Rico is under a very bad dust cloud that came from the Sahara Desert, this happens in the summers, but this summer have been extreme. I have never suffered from allergies before but since this dust cloud came yesturday, my throat hurts so much and my eyes are really irritated.

My mom gave me some clarinex 5mg tablets she had left and her nasonex 50mcg nasal spray. Is this alright? is just for a couple of days...

also I try to look on the net for Deconsal II 60-600C and I did not find any info, I think this is a allergy treatment, my mom also gave it to me. Is it for allergies??

I normally don't "borrow" prescription medicines but since it's just an allergy medicine and i looked for information online, I thought it was safe to take clarinex/nasonex..

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Have a nice day
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 05:08 AM   #2
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
    Re: Sahara Dust Cloud over Puerto Rico

I would think that the dust cloud is just physical irritation not allergy but this is just my opinion.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I would agree with Sannah that what you are experiencing is irritation versus allergies. I'm not very allergic to Pine Pollen but where I live things are coated with it for about 1 month and it irritates my eyes and lungs just because of the amount. It shouldn't hurt to take Clarinex or Nasonex however.. maybe just take one though. If the Clarinex does not ease your symptoms then it's not allergies.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User

and if it's irritation, what can I do? there's not much to do I think... besides staying inside my house for these days.

Have a nice day

Old 05-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

unfortunately that's the best you can do! I know it's not fun, there are certain times of year I have to limit my outside activity. The other day they were advising people to limit outside activity because of heavy smoke from a fire in GA/FL that was settling over our town. It looked like heavy haze! Also, early mornings and evenings are when irritants tend to settle closer to the ground so those are the times to avoid the most.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
    earthdayapril22
    (female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
    Wink Re: Sahara Dust Cloud over Puerto Rico

okay, thank you so much!

Have a nice day

Closed Thread