It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• just wanted to quickly share my allergy story: improvement and unimprovement

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
    charliemuffin
    (female)

charliemuffin HB User
    just wanted to quickly share my allergy story: improvement and unimprovement

i've had allergies a good dose of my life, about 15 years or so. i used to take claritin, flonase, and inhalers, a good dose of that time, for about 5-10 years. but when i forgot to take the medication, my allergies were horrendous. claritin stopped working for me. these medications gave me side effect of having to urinate constantly, nervousness, and hyperness.

i didn't want to see doctors or take medication daily anymore, so i did my own research, reading extensively on the web. i learned of a few things: homeopathic route, and i learned of candida, yeast over growth, candida diet, and food allergies. well, the homeopathic meds i ordered online didn't do much for me. otc medicine don't do much for me, and usually my allergies return w/ a vengeance. allergists have prescribed me allergy medication, such as nasonex which gave me horrible rebound effects.

my allergies are pretty bad. i would have to say it really affected my life in big ways. i get a lot of allergy attacks. i don't want to go into the run of the mill symptoms, bc i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about.

well, the only thing that has ever worked for me was going on a strict candida diet. for the first time in my life i felt like a new person. this lasted 6 mos, or less bc sticking to the diet became very difficult. i avoided many things including wheat, yeast, gluten, sugar, junk food, fried foods, alcohol, meat, dairy, refined foods, you name it. after feeling so good, i went back to my old eating habits, and my allergies returned. i had never been tested for food allergies at the allergist before, i discovered it on my own. i am not only allergic to food but, everything. you know what i'm talking about, so i won't get into that either.

well, i am going back on the diet, and seeking the help of allergists, and alternative doctors as well, such as acupunturist, naturopaths, homeopaths, (chiropractic, hypnotherapist, i will try anything.) ETC, and doing more. we'll see how it goes. i really would prefer not taking daily meds though. i met a lady who swears by acupuncture. everyone's experience and road w/ allergies are different.

my onset of allergies started precisely when i was extremely depressed. this happened w/ my friends too, their allergies started this way. so far, the only thing that has worked for me was knowledge of candida, candida diet, food avoidance, etc. but i will try more.

good luck with your allergies too.

Last edited by charliemuffin; 05-27-2007 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2007, 03:28 AM   #2
    miyu
    Veteran
    (female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User
    Re: just wanted to quickly share my allergy story: improvement and unimprovement

Omg I have had it for 20 years, and like you been prescribed different steroids. Wanted to start me on the shots, but I don’t know heard both good and bad things. Also regularly taking my over the counter stuff. I can’t take Claritin, the dose isn’t right for me. So I never experienced your side effects. Only Benadryl and lots of it. The side effect are drowsiness: taking them, and 20 min’s later passing out, didn’t matter where I was I would totally get knocked out, when I woke, the symptoms of allergies had subsided. Sometimes I couldn’t open my eyes, lift my head, but I could hear what was going on around me. But I felt sooooo good, no allergies, I could breath. I think I’m addicted.

And you totally sound like me. I am allergic to everything!!! Both environmental and FOOD. The funny thing is people who have started the candida diet and have had good results like you, don’t only improve because they are not eating the things their body is allergic to, but also heals from environmental allergies as well. They can be around the things they are allergic to, but it doesn’t affect them as bad, so this is what I heard from constanly reading webpages, but we will see what happens to me. Its so strange if you eat food you body is allergic to, for some reason, it not only is rejecting it, and fighting it, but the food is like a poison to you.

Anwyas, I too am going to try a natural path, swell, and starting the cadida diet as well as CandiGone. I would like to keep talking to you about your progress, and mine as well.

Its so funny I didn’t know a white toung was a sign of candida I thought it was natural. I also had other symptoms I ddin’t understand, and thought were gross, and natural.

Last edited by miyu; 05-28-2007 at 03:31 AM.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
    charliemuffin
    (female)

charliemuffin HB User
    Re: just wanted to quickly share my allergy story: improvement and unimprovement

hi miyu,

it's good to hear from you. i can relate to your stories, and the misery. (misery loves company, heh)

[removed] i've heard of more accounts than one from ppl w/ allergies, that this diet benefitted them. so that's why i tried it. this diet may or may not work for everyone w/ allergies, but miyu, i HIGHLY recommend that you try it.

everytime i can't take my allergies anymore, i go back to my candida diet. i have had allergy attacks this past 1-2 weeks, so i went back on the diet. low and behold, my allergies have subsided a lot. my sinuses and both nostrils were so stuffed up w/ pressure my head and ears were pounding and hurting. i couldn't eat bc i couldn't swallow. and when i walked i have to tilt my head to the side so i can have one nostril that's open that i can breathe thru. i lay in bed all day on one side so that i have one open nostril to breathe thru.

well, for the past few days, i have been eating and drinking the blandest stuff you can imagine. but i don't care, good food and pleasing my tastebuds is definitely not a priority for me now. when my allergies get so bad i lose my appetite, and don't want to eat. so day 1: i basically ate nothing. day 2 and 3: each day i eat 5 asparagus sticks, and 1-2 white potatoes. all i do is drink water. that amount of food may not fill people up, but for me i don't care. i woke up this morning, and the pain and pressure is gone from all the places in my head, face, and ears.

when you feel good again, you start getting confident, and eating bad food again, and the allergies start again. that's what always happens to me. in the past, i have gotten candida books w/ recipes in them, [removed] you do have to take time out to make your recipes, and being in social situations is extremely difficult in sticking to the diet. working full time, and being on the go all the time, makes sticking to the diet difficult.

in the past, when i was strict on this diet, the feeling i got was really wierd, nothing i've felt before: i was not hyper or nervous anymore, i was calm, my thinking was clear, i was not forgetful anymore, my sleep was amazing. in the past, when i took claritin (back in the days when claritin didn't go otc yet), and all the other stuff, i hated the way my body felt.

well, i don't want to be on the candida diet the rest of my life, so i will try out other things to get rid of my allergies. let's see what happens when i go see some doctors. i've had 1 appt so far w/ the acupuncturist which i have to continue, but i'm looking for other docs as well. i'm sure mr. allergist will chuck me some allegra and flonase, heh. i'll have to see if i really want to go back to my daily dose of medication days. sometimes i want some of that lda stuff that sannah keeps talking about.

i feel like a otc drug addict sometimes, so i had to quit. otc doesn't work for me anymore, (it only kind of worked in the past.) but now, my body rejects it, and gives me horrible rebound effects. so i had to gather all my otc meds, and just chuck it. benadryl gives me allergy attacks. sudafed and alavert don't do anything for me, ETC. sometimes in the past when my allergies got so bad, i went crazy and took 4 different otc pills at once. boy i did that 2-3 times, and vowed never to do that again. i ended up laying in bed the whole day bc i literally could not stand or walk straight, i felt drugged out, spacey, my head was heavy, and i couldn't see.

anyways, miyu-- don't suffer anymore ok. try that diet out, it takes initiative to do, but try it out. you have got to get a hold of recipes. then go see some doctors ok? (ps there are homeopathic/ naturopathic allergists out there as well.) i'm gonna do the same thing.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-28-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: do not instruct members on how to find websites.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Charlie, are you taking probiotics?

Last edited by moderator2; 05-29-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
    charliemuffin
    (female)

charliemuffin HB User

hi sannah
    i do not take probiotics. i've never really taken probiotics before. the only thing possibly related to probiotics in herbal form (?) i took was olive leaf extract in pills. (i think that might be an herbal form of probiotic, although i may be wrong.) anyway, i had to stop taking that because my crotch started itching like mad. when i quit taking it, my crotch stopped itching. what a relief.

i only do the candida diet. i am interested in probiotics, and colon cleansing, but the diet is enough challenge for me.

there were many times i didn't have health insurance, so i didn't see doctors; and the times i do have health insurance, i don't go see them; so you can say i have a little thing about not liking to go see doctors. but my allergies are so bad, i'm starting to see them. i've had health insurance, but haven't even used it yet.

do you use probiotics? i read on other boards that your allergies are better due to the lda shots; those sound interesting, as the requirement for those shots aren't as lengthy as the regular allergy shots. i don't want to do 5 year shots, and i don't want to take daily meds: pills, sprays, inhalers because i am forgetful, and my allergies come back with a vengeance. and it feels like i'm taking daily birth control pills or something. not to mention, i don't like the side effects. i'm interested in that lda stuff, if they do it where i live.

ok, thanks,
    charlie

Old 05-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
    miyu
    Veteran
    (female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

I am, too, intrested in these shots, you just go to the doctor and ask them if they can give you allergy shots, and if not, they will refer you to someone who will. thats what I did

and I don't think you need to use colon cleansing, if you are already on the candida diet, as in a way that diet is doing that already. I think it is better to do it the natural way as in with food too. and yeah you should take pro-biotics,
    pro-bio= for-life
    anti-bio = against life

thats the best way to think about it. and eat lots of garlic, I chop it up raw and sprinkle it on my cooked food, but I don't cook it, I think its better raw, only you have to brush your teeth after.

Last edited by miyu; 05-30-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Closed Thread