It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• question about LDA shots and rush immunotherapy; also sannah, are you there?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
    charliemuffin
    (female)

charliemuffin HB User
    question about LDA shots and rush immunotherapy; also sannah, are you there?

hi

1. are LDA shots and rush immunotherapy the same thing?

2. anyone know of allergists that does LDA shots in california?

i am getting the feeling LDA shots is not common in the allergy administering community. i recently called up an allergist and he told me he has no clue what LDA shots are, and that there is no allergy shot for food allergies. he also said no reputable allergist would give food allergy shots.

so hmm..

i've researched LDA shots on the web, but the 1-2 places that shows that does it are in ohio or somewhere else.

if LDA shots work so great, why isn't it widely known and used amongst allergists?

i wanted to look into LDA shots due to what sannah has been talking about because i :
    a) want to be able to eat anything i can without feeling like i am dying
    b) i don't want to do all that food rotation, food avoidance, record keeping business
    c) i don't feel like taking daily medication and its' side effects
    d) i don't want to do traditional allergy shots that lasts 5 years, and these shots i've read don't do anything for food allergies, whereas LDA shots does do something for food allergies.

ps. i do think i have candida, leaky gut, and all that business.

any help to my questions above?

thanks,
    charlie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: question about LDA shots and rush immunotherapy; also sannah, are you there?

I couldn't find much either and asked Sannah. Turns out this is also called Enzyme Potentiated Desensitization (EDP) and you should find more info using that term rather than LDA.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
    Re: question about LDA shots and rush immunotherapy; also sannah, are you there?

Hey Charlie, Dr. William Shrader, Jr. brought LDA to the USA from Britain at the beginning of this decade. He attempted to get FDA approval but it failed. One of the reasons stated was funding. Do drug companies fund the process usually? I can't imagine a drug company wanting to fund an allergy cure! (You can get the shots without FDA approval because the serum is mixed at a compounding pharmacy which the FDA does not have jurisdiction over). You might be able to find more info under Dr. Shrader? Also as Tichou has suggested EPD. This is what the same shot is called in England. I am trying to look up docs in California right now but the website is having trouble so I will get back to you.

I have never heard of rush immunotherapy. Yes, most allergists have never heard of LDA. There is an allergy/immunology clinic in St. Louis, however, that does do LDA! There are just over 50 docs in the USA who do them in about 20 states. If memory serves me correctly, there are 5 in California. I am not sure how many of the others are allergists. Before you can get LDA the doc has to fix your candida/leaky gut problems first because LDA will fail if you are having these problems (because the gut is where the immune cells are). Please feel free to ask any more questions.

Charlie, you are where my daughter was. We did the food rotation/meds/food avoidance with her and now she is eating everything. Cad here is dealing with her candida problem and her food allergies are going away. Maybe if you just deal with your gut first? These same LDA docs have experience with leaky gut.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
    charliemuffin
    (female)

charliemuffin HB User

hi sannah,

thanks a lot for your reply. sometimes i feel like the internet is my lifeline, i learn so much things on here! i probably researched health so much since being sick all the time. also, thanks for the info on the LDA shots. that was very helpful. i persisted in looking for my answers last night, and the info i found cross referenced what you found also.

i looked up LDA physicians, and found a list of physicians that adminster LDA in the U.S. on that list, there were about 5 LDA docs in northern ca, and about 5 in southern ca. there are a few that live right near me! hehe. but what i thought was very interesting, is that none of them are allergists.

but this makes sense too, because i read in some doctor's article that traditional allergists don't like LDA shots because they could be a cure to allergies- so you were right on the ball. i was reading an article last night written by a prominent doctor, who has prominent doctor friends (can't remember their names), but the article was saying that the healthcare system, FDA, and doctors like to keep patients and society sick, because it pays the bills. i know that sounds horrible, but that was the gist of the article. there was a part that discussed that chelation therapy was very effective, and costs way less than surgery, but the medical community frowns upon chelation therapy. the doctor asked his surgeon friend what he thought of this, and the surgeon just replied, "but it pays the bills!" i also read that allergists don't like LDA shots because they don't last as long as 5 yr. traditional allergy shots.

anyhow, i agree w/ you i probably should deal with my leaky gut/ candida first. i'll go see some doctors for that (naturopathic/homeopathic/holistic etc.) then, i'll look into the LDA. i'm glad to know it is accessible if i do want it. since being on my "special diet" lately, my allergies have subsided immensely.

i think that's fantastic your daughter is better, and can eat anything she wants. that sounds truly amazing. i really wonder how other people can eat anything they want and never get candida/ leaky gut, etc. like i saw this one man at the grocery store ring up 10 bags of bread, and bunch of hot dogs and sausages; i was thinking in my head, wow, i'd die if i consumed all that.

ps i read on rush immunotherapy, and it is different than LDA. rush is i think when they give you many allergy shots in a short time period due to an emergency i think. i can't rememeber correctly, but i did remember it's not the same as LDA.

thanks for all your help,

charlie

Old 05-31-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Charlie, LDA lasts longer than traditional. You usually only need about 18 shots and then you are done (about 6 two months apart and then start stretching out and then only yearly then only every few years).

Closed Thread