It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Anybody so allergic that they can't take meds for anything???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
    hopetofeelwell1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
    Anybody so allergic that they can't take meds for anything???

Hi all! Well, I give up! I have had meds for allergies, meds for depression, tests for allergies, histamine reducing diets, etc. Right now, I've had to stop Nasonex and am on my way to stop taking Topamax because I keep breaking out in hives. I keep blaming the sun, things that I eat, things that I take, and I have just about given up. I am eating plain chicken and vegetables, drinking rooibos tea and Cafix instant beverage and scratching away. Is there anyone who feels as despondent as me in this area? I've had my thyroid tested over 6 months ago and there were thyroid antibodies, now there aren't. NOW WHAT??? I can literally feel my whole digestive tract get upset everytime I eat, even if it's plain. Is there anyone in a similar boat? Thanks so much? Hopeto

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
    skipa dee babe
    (female)

skipa dee babe HB User
    Re: Anybody so allergic that they can't take meds for anything???

Hello,
    Sorry to hear this.... it sounds plain horrible. Do you think it's allergies doing this ?? What did your allergy tests say ?
    Skipa

Old 06-07-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User

It sounds like a few auto immune disorders that require steriodal treatment. Have you seen an immunologist? Allergies combined with various illnesses can send our system on its ear and result in our own body attacking itself. My sister-in-law and I have both had this happen.

Best of luck finding a solution.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 06-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Have you looked into the possibility that you might have a yeast overgrowth? There are a few threads right now talking about this and leaky gut. You might want to read these few threads.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
    hopetofeelwell1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Skipa Dee, MK, and Sannah! Bless you all of your kind words and suggestions. I'm sure that I have a lot of auto immune stuff going on, but I weas wondering if I might have a yeast problem because I keep having this external yeast thing going on as well! WHO DO I GO TO FOR THIS SO I CAN PROVE IT?? I have probiotics in the house and of course when you go to the doctor they'll say, "Oh no, you don't need that". Right now, this is my diet, because this is all I can tolerate: Breakfast: Vitamin,Bran flakes, Cafix beverage and lactose-free milk. Lunch: Maybe some soup. Maybe a cracker or two. Water and some Cafix or Rooibos tea in between. Supper: Skinless chicken breast, rice, green beans, water or other beverage. Meds: Claritin, Pepcid(AM); Topamax, Cymbalta(PM). That's it. My stomach is really bothering me and I thought I was having a gall bladder attack last weekend. I am someone who eats with gusto and I have been reduced to this. Granted, the meds may have something to do with this, but this is radical. What do you folks think? Hopeto--

Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #6
    skipa dee babe
    (female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hello,
    Maybe the proboitic's can't hurt i wouldn't think , i went threw a spell just this month where i can hardly eat at all what i used too, so when i'm like that i eat very little . what is your yeast problem ? i have vaginal yeast infection's every month so 'm now taking acidofolis and yogart and i will see what happens with that. Is your stomach upset ?
    Skipa

Old 06-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #7
    hopetofeelwell1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Skipa--My stomach feels nauseous and scratchy at the same time--almost like when you get a yeasty thing--like sore--and everything tastes crummy. I would eat baby food all day if I thought it would make things better. I get yeast things all the time down below and use Clotrimazole but it's like what good is it to treat the outside if it's coming from the inside? Hopeto--

Old 06-08-2007, 04:25 AM   #8
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Hope, Cad on this board has experience with the yeast stuff. She is on those other threads that I was talking about (actually Candida is in the titles and both threads are on this first page).

Last edited by Sannah; 06-08-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
    Diet Dew
    (female)

Diet Dew HB User

Hope~ I totally hear what you are saying. I am 39 and have had issues since I can remember. My mom said I always had an upset tummy when I was little. I always just thought it was anxiety (some is-public speaking etc..)and I got the stomach flu a lot. I was the healthiest during my 3 pregnancies. Had an unnecessary hysterectomy when my last was 3 mo old, then I was told I needed to to see a shrink cuz the hyster didn't make me feel better. I have had every test under the sun. Told I might have Crohns, told I have IBS (their fav problem when they don't know) I have been told all bloodwork is normal. Absolutly makes you feel crazy when you know you're not. You know something isn't right and NO ONE WILL LISTEN!!! It is frustrating. I get lay down throw up sick. Horrible back aches, migraines, flu like feeling all the time. Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea. I asked many docs to please test for food allergies. I had the back scratch test yrs ago and they said NOTHING came up. I didn't believe it. Last year I had the 16 allergin injection under the skin. I immediately reacted to the BEEF, EGGS, MILK, and CORN big time, I was borderline OATS, and WHEAT. Fine with seafood and I hate that. I am so sick of plain chicken and veggies. This was a year ago June. I went into anaphylactic shock on a delayed reaction to the allergy testing. It was so scary. It was the first time I felt like I was going to die. I felt DOOM. I have to read all labels and still don't feel well a lot. I now have to go get Enviornmental allergy testing. I also have Hereditary angioedema, 2 nodules in my lungs and foot neurapothy and possible leukemia ( fromm the latest bloodwork done 2wks ago) I am being sent to a Rheumatologist and a diff allergist. I tis so crazy and I just keep wracking up the syndromes and diseases. Geez, I'm only 39. Well, I wish I had more answers. It is hard to eat anything without being scared that I will pay for it later. that I won't be able to take care of my family. I hate depending on others when I'm down and forget planning anything more than a few hours away. i never know how I will feel. I try to stay positive, but do have my mini meltdowns when everyone else is asleep.
    i wish everyone the best of luck and wish mine was only nasal and eyes like my mom and brother. Whey you add the stomach it is hard to function.
    I hate multiple food allergies!!!
    Best of luck to everyone!!

Old 06-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
    lilyian
    (female)

lilyian HB User

It sounds as if you have mast cell disease, possiblet mastocytosis or idiopathic anaphylaxis. They are just like what you describe. They are both rare diseases, but controllable with the right doctor, knowledge, and treatment. I know about it, because I have it. For more info, take a look at the patient website of The Mastocytosis Society: [url]www.tmsforacure.org[/url].

Old 06-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
    hopetofeelwell1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi! With mastocytosis and urticaria pigmentosa, aren't you covered with a brownish rash? I get hives that are really inflamed and painful. I have been tested for a sensitivity to candida and H. pylori and they both came back negative, so it's not that. I am allergic to the additives in certain things that kick up the histamine and if I don't take the antihistamine, I am sick and covered with the most ungodly, painful case of hives. If this is a chronic condition, I don't know why my allergist isn't calling this mast cell disease or mastocytosis. It is quite disabling. Now I'm wondering if I'm addicted to Claritin! Hopeto--

Closed Thread