It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Anyone with definite digestive issues with hives?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
    hopetofeelwell1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
    Anyone with definite digestive issues with hives?

Hi all! I'm still in my quest to figure out this hive thing and keep connecting it to stomach acid & reflux, and diverticulosis. I just got my gall bladder out 3 weeks ago and the hives began to subside for a few days and then my case of diverticulosis and stomach acid kicked up and lo and behold! there they were again. I find that if there is a build up in my body of acid or if Nature doesn't make the bowels move every day, I end up with hives. Is there anyone else who might suffer a similar malady? This is frustrating and depressing to say the least, and worse when you have clinical depression. I'm sure the frustration adds to the hive population, but I am determined to find an answer and feel so close. I have been tested for everything under the sun and it stinks when the doctors keep saying, "No...that test is normal." If anyone would like to share they're thoughts or situations, drop a line. Thanks so much--Hopeto--

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
    rathmussen
    (female)

rathmussen HB User
    Re: Anyone with definite digestive issues with hives?

My situation, while involving hives and digestive issues, has a much different source than yours probably does (mine is a dust allergy and some mild food intolerances). It took me years to figure out how to control my physical symptoms and what was causing them....

Pinpointing the culprit can be very difficult, but my intuition says that if you don't go to the loo regularly and that causes hives, either there's something you are eating that you shouldn't be, or you aren't eating enough fiber to regularly pass what is a rather unhealthy mess by the time it is ready to come out!

This is what I would try if I were you:

*Do a colon cleansing, either at a doctor's office (free with a colonoscopy) or find one in a health food store that gets good reviews (Dr Natura seems popular). It can't hurt and everyone I know who does them reports positive results that last to varying degrees.

*Do a partial fast (unless you are hypoglycemic). Find foods that make you feel good when you eat them, and eat them in small quantities throughout the day so that you don't start gnawing off your arm....I get so much energy after doing this and my body feels like it's had an internal shower after just 2 days. Include raw fruits and vegetables.

*Cut out wheat for the fun of it

*Eat buckwheat groats in the morning. It's a fabulous gluten-free grain. Add cinnamon for extra health benefits.

*Eat 2-3 raw or lightly cooked quail eggs in the morning. This seriously reduced my allergic reaction to things (hives a little less so, but mine were caused by dust contact so it could help yours). I have started eating them raw by mixing them up (WELL) with a bit of water and just drinking them. Alternatively, scramble them lightly on low heat and enjoy! They taste great. I find them at the butcher's.

*I think you would really benefit from taking Cider vinegar and getting some baking soda into your stomach everyday. It's very calming and neutralizing. Do a ****** search for recommended ratios.

*Consider taking some probiotics. They can help with digestion immensely. Eating plain yogurt helps too (and miso and pickled things). Beneficial bacteria in your small intestine help break down your body's bile and even remove excess cholesterol. It's essential to have healthy intestinal flora...a high sugar diet is good for the bad bacteria. If you take antibiotics, you have to supplement with probiotics or you might get overrun with yeast.

*As for depression, it can be caused by a diet that isn't good for you, coffee, etc. I would get on a Attention Deficit diet, ie no preservatives, no dyes, no additives, no processed foods, reduced sugar (try Stevia). Sometimes, medication is the way to go and there's no shame in that! The brain is just an organ and its chemical makeup can be less than ideal for unknowable reasons.

*They found a particular virus present in 80+% of people with chronic fatigue, so doing a round of anti-viral treatment from a health food store might help with a viral load. (Quality coconut oil is rumoured to help with that too). You never know what will help until you try.

Of course depression can also result from depressing experiences. This is what I learned dealing with depression caused from external sources: Put words to anything that has caused trauma in your life. Validate your reaction, regardless of the circumstances. Forgiving people is essential because it shows you have eliminated them as threatening. Don't forgive people from a place of submission. Try to understand people's motivations to gain compassion for the "low" state they are or were in (or that you have been in); Understanding reduces fear. Try to change negative thought patterns by simply saying positive things to yourself. Yoga, acupuncture, meditation, etc can actually work. Even if you are reluctant to change, this stuff will momentarily remind you of what it feels like to be of healthy mind and body...the feeling can become addictive....but you need to get a taste for it.

I hope something I've written resonates and works for you. Good luck solving the puzzle! I for one am sending you and anyone searching for improved health positive energy! The quest is worth it!

Closed Thread